Is it okay to like something made by a celebrity who has since been charged/accused with a crime, (eg, Ian Watkins or Kevin Spacey)?

The lead singer of The Lostprophets is a convicted paedophile and is curently in prison for 30 years. Is it wrong of me to still like his music?
  • Yes, they did wrong
    Vote A
  • No, they can still be talented
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I loved Melanie Martinez but I don’t listen to her music anymore. It’s still good, her talent isn’t just gone, but I don’t want to support that so I don’t listen to her anymore.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm with you on that. Melanie was one of my favorite artists and now I can't bear the thought of putting money in her pockets after the accusations against her.

• It’s tragic. I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to not be violent.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have stopped listening to lost prophets since but because you listen to them doesn't make you a bad person. As long as you don't agree with what he did then you are ok. At the end of the day he wasn't the only person in the band and it wasn't fair on the other members either, everyone's forgotten about them.
    Vile man but good musician.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• No, they can still be talented

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's ok to like their stuff but in my opinion not OK to continue supporting them financially

1|1
    0|0
  • There's no problem enjoying what they did but I wouldn't be rushing out to buy things they made.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes