Opinions on 13 Reasons Why and the multiple girls who have killed themselves after watching it?

So this morning I was on my Facebook account and noticed another link to an article about a girl who committed suicide after having watched 13 Reasons Why. And before this I had seen other articles about other girls who did the same thing and the parents wanting to sue.

My question is how do people view the show and why would anyone think the show should be responsible.

If anyone on here knows me they know I attempted suicide back in April and my reasons why (years that post was me pulling a Hannah and trying 2 figure out my reasons). And ironically enough I watched the show while in the hospital for my failed attempt and I found it to be an amazing show. And I don't get this bull shit trigger thing people are talking about. It didn't make me feel bad jist uncomfortable. But suicide and those topics are uncomfortable.

So what is people's problem with this show and why do people keep using it as a reason to be "triggered" and to blame I'd their child commits suicide?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean my opinion is that the show is completely inaccurate on highschool life, the dialogue sounds like it was crafted by a robot who's only information on an American high school was 80s movies. The girl who killed herself was emotionally manipulative and chose not to get help but was wondering why no one helped her. The guidence councillor ASKED if she was having troubles but she said no. What did she think was going to happen when she specifically denied getting help.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I don't think the show is the only factor if somebody really want to kill himself
    They are responsible for their own choices although it doesn't matter afterwards

If this is true then it's sad that people did not get the point of the show although it was clear, what an irony

0|0
    0|0
    • Parents blame the show because they don't know what or who to blame

• It's true. Multiple girls have killed themselves after watching it and the parents are trying to sue

• Well we can't be sure what's the whole truth

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Loved the show. Because people want something to blame they don't want to except that there kids were just unhappy and felt it was there only way out. Just like the columbine school shootings they blamed it on Marilyn Manson music

0|0
    0|0
  • See, killing urself is not the solution... Wht going to happen if someone dies...
    people r going to b d same... World isn't going to change...

0|0
    0|0
  • Many people do not like to take responsibility for their actions

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I am deeply sorry for the girls death but the show didn't force them to kill themselves. The decision ultimately falls on the girl. The parents probably feel like they’re shitty parents right now and they are looking for a scapegoat. Just like parents felt that violent video games made their kids vioelnt, no just no.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think if you’ve struggled with mental issues before then this does trigger you. Not everyone of course. I used to struggle with self harm, seeing cuts like that instantly triggers me. But It’s not the same as suicide of course.

0|0
    0|0
    • Triggers are stupid. I've gone through a suicide attempt right b4 watching this, a rape and a few other things. Perfectly fine watching it. Triggers are just people being sensitive and saying something is messing with how they feel when it's not

• Show All
    • Everyone’s*

• And yet triggers are only a thing now because of sensitive millennials. They weren't a thing 20 years ago

• The show actually wants to show what happens after suicide. Like how do people react. I think they did a great job doing that because you can see people are still getting hurt weeks after Hannah Bakers suicide. Frankly people just blame the show because it has something to do with suicide.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes