Opinions on 13 Reasons Why and the multiple girls who have killed themselves after watching it?

So this morning I was on my Facebook account and noticed another link to an article about a girl who committed suicide after having watched 13 Reasons Why. And before this I had seen other articles about other girls who did the same thing and the parents wanting to sue.

My question is how do people view the show and why would anyone think the show should be responsible.

If anyone on here knows me they know I attempted suicide back in April and my reasons why (years that post was me pulling a Hannah and trying 2 figure out my reasons). And ironically enough I watched the show while in the hospital for my failed attempt and I found it to be an amazing show. And I don't get this bull shit trigger thing people are talking about. It didn't make me feel bad jist uncomfortable. But suicide and those topics are uncomfortable.

So what is people's problem with this show and why do people keep using it as a reason to be "triggered" and to blame I'd their child commits suicide?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean my opinion is that the show is completely inaccurate on highschool life, the dialogue sounds like it was crafted by a robot who's only information on an American high school was 80s movies. The girl who killed herself was emotionally manipulative and chose not to get help but was wondering why no one helped her. The guidence councillor ASKED if she was having troubles but she said no. What did she think was going to happen when she specifically denied getting help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I don't think the show is the only factor if somebody really want to kill himself
    They are responsible for their own choices although it doesn't matter afterwards

If this is true then it's sad that people did not get the point of the show although it was clear, what an irony

• Parents blame the show because they don't know what or who to blame

• It's true. Multiple girls have killed themselves after watching it and the parents are trying to sue

• Well we can't be sure what's the whole truth