Is Hollywood running out of ideas?

So I just saw ocean's 8 and as much as I was excited now I feel like Hollywood is just pushing the idea of feminism instead of creativity and remakes keep coming like ghost busters and ocean's 8 Hollywood  running  out of  ideas??

37112

Most Helpful Guy

• What I don't understand is there are 100's or thousands of books out there, just waiting to be turned into movies or TV shows. Yet Hollywood is simply remaking the same movies over and over. I'm steering clear of the whole feminism topic (partly because my younger sister is one), but I will say that even in "those" type of movies, why not just be creative and come up with something new. Instead of just remaking the same thing over again.

Also, why do... all girl movies, tend to depict the sole male as an idiot or something, the way they did in the new Ghostbusters movie? The Secretary in the original Ghostbusters was never depicted as an idiot, if I remember right, she had backbone and spirit... even if she didn't have a big spot in the movie.

• Taking revenge on men for all the stereotypical portrait of women as sex objects

• @nina2992 So basically being spiteful to all men, for the actions of a few. It just makes me shake my head. Men and women both are suppose to be better than this. It's nearly 2018 for [insert swear word of choice] sake!!

• Well, it’s a bit harder than just turning book into film. I forgot who I was watching, but they explained how they had to make fundamental changes to the book in arrival (which was amazing) and how they didn’t translate over to film. I also noticed it in the docucomedy about me, the disaster artist. It was funny, but missed out on key dynamics that, frankly, couldn’t realistically be translated to film for a few reasons. I think people generally don’t understand that concept. That, along with some technical stuff like budgeting (like west world)... anywell, there’s a lot of original ideas and great movies, it’s just Hollywood does a terrible job at marketing them for plenty of reasons. Some obvious, some not so obvious

As for the 2nd half, I can’t speak to that (besides them being comedies), although I’ll fight you over bridesmaids 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, don’t forget Splash being remade with a merman instead of a mermaid.

And Disney making live action remakes of its classic animated films.

For sure, Hollywood is running out of ideas. The reason is because they only want to focus on what white people are doing. There are a lot more fresh ideas if you expand your search to people who don’t think mayonnaise is spicy.