Do you have any video game suggestions for a non-gamer?

I often get suggestions like Mario or Portal because they're easy. Difficultly isn't really my deterrent. I think it's the entire concept. I cannot for the life of me get into Call of Duty or Gears of War. The war storyline bores me, and shooters are kind of annoying when that's all you do. I'm getting Kingdom Hearts to play on my boyfriend's xbox, which I'm excited for. I tried to download Riders of Icarus, but my laptop doesn't have enough storage. My boyfriend lives 500 miles away, so I want something I can do on my PC that we could potentially play together.
I'm easily bored so I want something that isn't redundant (like Mario or Portal)

1118

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how good you laptop is, are you after mainly co-op or just good games? Try a Resident Evil (5 is a decent co-op and 7 is a great game) BioShock 1 or infinite are great single players, portal 2 is co-op and is more gripping.

• Some great little PC co-op games that you can have fun with for hours are Minecraft, Terraria, don't starve together, keep talking and nobody explodes. They shouldn't take up much room or need a high spec computer.

• If memory serves, they were ports. Ports almost never go well. Find me a perfect port and I will find you a not greesy company. Altho I can see your logic, I don't agree that PC is harder to develop for. Ye no two PCs are exactly the same, but devs know generally what a high end PC is capable of, what a mid tier is capable of and a low tier is capable of and as long as they actually be good devs and make the game well, there should be no issue. Whether it's the consumer or the companies fault for rushed games, it's true they come out broken a lot. But they shouldn't. Trouble is, not enough people stand up and actively try to make a change. Consoles for example could be so much better if console players said things like fuck you why should I pay to play online, that's not fair. If people were to say stop making broken games or we'll stop buying them and stuck to that, companies would be forced to comply. The company should bend to the will of the consumer, not the other way around.

• Got carried away and had to cut it to make it under 1K. Sorry for the wall. Some youtubers who you should check out: Rags and BulletBarry. Very informative and entertaining.

Most Helpful Girl

• Binding of Issac and Rebirth are very nice, and there are tons of free indie games that are pretty fun. I assume that you are gaminf primarily on the Xbox though, so maybe try Red Dead Redemtion. There's quite a few things to do, it's not that expensive as far as I know, and it's good if you like shooters. If difficulty isn't something you don't mind, then at a stretch you might like the Dark Souls series too.

• Oh - Battleblock Theatre and Stick Fight by Landfall are both very good multi-player games for the PC.

• *Afterbirth not Rebirth :3