Do you have any video game suggestions for a non-gamer?

I often get suggestions like Mario or Portal because they're easy. Difficultly isn't really my deterrent. I think it's the entire concept. I cannot for the life of me get into Call of Duty or Gears of War. The war storyline bores me, and shooters are kind of annoying when that's all you do. I'm getting Kingdom Hearts to play on my boyfriend's xbox, which I'm excited for. I tried to download Riders of Icarus, but my laptop doesn't have enough storage. My boyfriend lives 500 miles away, so I want something I can do on my PC that we could potentially play together.
Updates:
I'm easily bored so I want something that isn't redundant (like Mario or Portal)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how good you laptop is, are you after mainly co-op or just good games? Try a Resident Evil (5 is a decent co-op and 7 is a great game) BioShock 1 or infinite are great single players, portal 2 is co-op and is more gripping.

0|0
    0|0
    • Some great little PC co-op games that you can have fun with for hours are Minecraft, Terraria, don't starve together, keep talking and nobody explodes. They shouldn't take up much room or need a high spec computer.

• Show All
    • If memory serves, they were ports. Ports almost never go well. Find me a perfect port and I will find you a not greesy company. Altho I can see your logic, I don't agree that PC is harder to develop for. Ye no two PCs are exactly the same, but devs know generally what a high end PC is capable of, what a mid tier is capable of and a low tier is capable of and as long as they actually be good devs and make the game well, there should be no issue. Whether it's the consumer or the companies fault for rushed games, it's true they come out broken a lot. But they shouldn't. Trouble is, not enough people stand up and actively try to make a change. Consoles for example could be so much better if console players said things like fuck you why should I pay to play online, that's not fair. If people were to say stop making broken games or we'll stop buying them and stuck to that, companies would be forced to comply. The company should bend to the will of the consumer, not the other way around.

• Got carried away and had to cut it to make it under 1K. Sorry for the wall. Some youtubers who you should check out: Rags and BulletBarry. Very informative and entertaining.

Most Helpful Girl

• Binding of Issac and Rebirth are very nice, and there are tons of free indie games that are pretty fun. I assume that you are gaminf primarily on the Xbox though, so maybe try Red Dead Redemtion. There's quite a few things to do, it's not that expensive as far as I know, and it's good if you like shooters. If difficulty isn't something you don't mind, then at a stretch you might like the Dark Souls series too.

1|1
    0|0
    • Oh - Battleblock Theatre and Stick Fight by Landfall are both very good multi-player games for the PC.

• *Afterbirth not Rebirth :3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• You could try point and clicks, they're usually centered around story and/or puzzles. Kingdom hearts is great, still pretty challenging. It's ok to not enjoy shooters, most are based around multiplayer anyways. The ones that focus on story are the likes of bioshock, the last of us, uncharted, any horror "shooters." I know I'm missing some, but there's a ton of stuff out there besides shooters, it's just a well saturated genre. Many games, and this is an inter-genre problem/solution, deal with repetition/grinding. But i think i saw people say to try every genre, and I recommend the same. I personally play all genres of games because i get bored/exhausted pretty easily from the same game or genre, and so I play other genres while i recover and then get cravings for what i was playing and go back. Or i just stop playing, which is what i do during the semester anyways. Check out Jrpgs (japanes role playing games), RTSs (real time strategy), turn-based strategy, dungeon crawlers, even card games like Hearthstone or Gwent. Witcher could be up your alley, but I dont know if your laptop could handle it. On my laptop i usually just play Civilizations or Darkest Dungeon. You could get an emulator and play some old ps2 games, like Persona 4. There's plenty of options and thousands of games out there, so it works in your favor to explore

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to go with some of the real classics like pong, asteroids. l, and space Invaders. A long time ago, I taught myself the Java language and with the best of my memory, wrote space Invaders. When I saw images of the original, I was close enough.

I spend my time with chess and talk to people on GaG

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really sure, but my girlfriend likes NBA 2k and fighting games like Mortal Kombat or Injustice, but she sucks at all of them, so I don't know where is fun in that, she still likes it somehow though.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should randomly try all sorts of genres to get you acquainted with a genre you like, then ask your boyfriend for recommendations for games in that genre, cause he would know what suits you best.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wasn't too much of a gamer and all my mates told me to play league of legends so i tried it not thinking I'd like it... 4 years later still addicted.

0|0
    0|0
  • MORTAL KOMBAT!

But honesrly and seriously, it all comes down to what kind or types of games you want to play. If story is important to you, then RPGs should be considered. There's also the length that should be considered and if you want to play and complete many different games, then shorter games can be considered instead. RPGs and MMORPGs are very very lengthy and time consuming to finish, if ever. But if you rather focus you time and efforts on one or two particular games, then they're perfect for you.

There's also sports games, racing games, puzzle games, etc. Can't know for certain until you've tried them first.

Also, decide if you prefer to play by yourself in a Single Player Campaign, or if you want to play Multi-player Online with or against other players. Some games focus on Multi-Player more than others, and others are entirely focused on Single Player without any Multi-Player component.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try factorio, it's got a trial which is based on an old version but it's totally worth the money for the full version. It's in alpha so you'll get many games for the price of one as some new and old versions are like playing a completely different game dynamic.

I like xonotic it's a shooter but it is small and I've gotten it running on really slow hardware without sacrificing too much. It is less than 2 gigabytes once fully decompressed and needs no installation, you can run it off a flash drive.

Other than maybe some casual games like super tux 2 or tux racer or super tux kart I don't play that many games (factorio and xonotic take all my time), I usually play one game at a time as I get hooked on it.

Nobody knows you like you so keep am eye out, try any games you can especially if you can try someone elses full version before buying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm. It's tough. Rainbow six siege is a good game. Its a realistic first person shooter. Better then COD. If not then maybe overwatch

0|0
    0|0
  • Play an MMO with it its mostly abput spending time together

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you tried Castle Crashers? I haven't played it sense I was fine but I play it now and it's still as good as I can remember.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lot of shooters but not CoD twitch military level shooters.

Overwatch is great. More characters, playstyles and an 6 man team objective based shooter like king of the hill or move the payload and not focesed on kill counts.
    Borderlands 2 and pre squeal are rpg/shooter with co-op. Fun story, great personality, lots of replayability. Ton of content now with the handsome collection.
    Skyrim for fantacy or fallout 4 for sci-fi. Solo rpgs with a tons of ways to play. Huge worlds to explore.
    Telltale game just find some other franchise you already follow like walking dead, batman, game of thrones and basicly follow a book where you choose a lot of the pathes the story takes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Diablo 2 is great. Diablo 3 is pretty decent as well. Ori and the blind forest is a fantastic game.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say a story game but a simple one like trine 3 or uncharted kinda thing x

0|0
    0|0
  • Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite

0|0
    0|0
  • Castle crashers

0|0
    0|0
  • Nfs series?

0|0
    0|0
  • i feel asleep reading this... buy rocket league

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• It really depends what you're into. Rocket League is fun. I love Mass Effect. Lots of story. Dragon age is the same way (same company). The Witcher series has a great plot and a ton to do. But, if you don't like doing mission after mission, maybe not for you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell yeah, try Halo 4 PvP style. Diablo III has a very interesting plot.
    If you're not one for major combat, try Child of Light. It's a very interesting story, with a nice character Arc, as well as being multi-player. You can also choose to cut out the small, not graphic fights that come up and focus purely on the story.

0|0
    0|0
  • Overwatch definitely! It's not just a point and shoot, there are support characters where you never have to shoot at all! As well as tanks and defense, and they each have unique abilities. There are events and lore to the characters on YouTube, I love it! And it's on PC, PS4 and XBOX so you can play together. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Overwatch is kinda fun, but kinda expensive for what it is - especially of she doesn't much like games like Call of Duty as Overwatch is the kinda the same thing - just a lot of shooting. Nothing against it, but probably not the beat for a non-gamer.

• @_Enigma_ I don't see it as expensive since it's continuously updating, and I suggested it because that's how my boyfriend got me into gaming more. But either way, I wish you luck! :)

• Multiplayer only for £60 and micro transactions...

• I play minecraft. always something new to build or do, set goals for buildings, explore. Gets boring after 10 years of playing but I still play.

there's servers with minigames too though. things like hunger games, pvp, skywars. Hard to explain

0|0
    0|0
  • rpgs, stories are usually amazing and you get to customize your character to fit the story in which way you like best. Maybe check out games like dragon age, mass effect, fallout, elder scrolls, the witcher, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm old school I like Nintendo and Sega.. Sonic, immortal Kombat, super Mario, tony hawk pro skater, and race car games

0|0
    0|0
  • Mario kart, the sims, Journey, Mario party, Tomodatchi Life, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Town of salam is a fun multiplayer game.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dying light. Very easyyy. Life is strange too...

0|0
    0|0
  • Pokémon

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes