What do you think of my sketch?

And what color should I give to her hair and headband, necklace, skin tone etc? I also don’t know what background to choose. I’m not very good at picking colors What do you think of my sketch?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• A very fair skin tone with yellow undertones, ginger hair, brown eyes, the headband should be navy or ivory or jade green. The necklace should be gold, but with the headband and long hair I almost feel as if the necklace should be more dainty and fragile rather than that big chain and pendant. Your sketch is really fabulous, but I may want to fix the nose and the neck a bit. Don't forget to add different hues to the hair and going between dark and light to represent the light hitting her hair (and natural highlights). As for the lips, I would make them a soft natural pink but with a little bit of red in the center (like a gradient). I would also make her eyebrows a darker ginger than her hair. Overall your sketch is really fabulous! Don't mind my long list of input - I'm just detail-oriented and an artist myself, haha.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @TheClevelander1 I literally love you ty so much for that link, it will ultimately change my existence

• I try going in to full screen for it, but, it won't allow it, you'll have to watch it on the small screen. unless you can figure it out for me

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Hmmm, I see dark tan skin, red hair, bright green eyes and a glowing purple or turquoise necklace. Maybe a faded green or blue on the hair tie.

As you can tell, everyone sees their own colors in it. Maybe it would be a shame to color it in and rob them of the ability to choose.

0|1
    0|0
  • Black/brown Hair
    Red hair band
    Olive/tan skin
    Green eyes
    Red lipstick
    Necklace Gold, with Green stone

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very nice. And keep this is mind that its much better than anything I can do, but her nose looks a little crooked

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like black would be great for the hair? I think it's great

0|0
    0|0
  • You've got some talent there. She looks blonde to me for some reason. I'm not sure about the rest of your questions.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's very good. I can't do near as well as you appear to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great sketch. Like @CaptainClueless said, she looks like a gypsy.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need not color, it is wonderful as it is

0|1
    0|0
  • It's really good

0|0
    0|0
  • I think orange

1|0
    0|0
  • Good.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• considering the general shape of her face, i think she should have a darker skin tone rather than Caucasian, and that said i think she should have dark hair as well. first, i would choose a focal point in your drawing, a feature to accentuate such as her eyes or the headband or the necklace. that should be the color that most pops, therefore everything else has to be more or less refined colorwise. say if you want the headband to be the focal point, then pick a bright color such as a mild pink, and contrast that with her dark hair and the overall dark drawing. if you want the focal point to be her eyes, you can make a slightly abstract drawing by giving her really bright colored eyes such as a deep blue, with many highlights in it because the highlights will naturally draw attention. contrast that with the mildness of the skintone and everything else overall. etc. you definitely made the drawing interesting by putting an equal distance between the headband, eyes, and necklace, therefore giving you options on which one to make a focal point. i would personally go for the eyes solely because it is practically the center, especially with the headband and necklace.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like a Latino looking skin color with brown hair with blonde tips. Headband def red! Necklace gold chain with blue pendant. Background a fading black. Eyes brown

0|0
    0|0
  • Very nice

0|0
    0|0
  • Super cool

0|1
    0|0
  • Red hair with green hair band and warm skin tone

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks like one of my friends who has dreads

0|0
    0|0
  • like a liight brown

0|0
    0|0
  • Blonde, black, red or brown. Keep the head band white. Necklace silver, red or gold maybe purple. As for the background maybe simple distant trees.

0|0
    0|0
    • As for skin I don't know. Peach or tan?

• Purple headband and orange-red hair would be awesome! With a light teal necklace. :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes