Your thoughts on E-Sports?

It does annoy me how it gets ridiculed for not being a sport but trying to be, etc. But to that I say: You're right, it's not a sport. It's an E-Sport. It's a different thing from physical aports with it's own requirements and skills and I really enjoy seeing these games I like played at wuch high levels. What do you think of them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Same as with chess. Should be recognized as a type of sport, but isn't.
    The massive popularity of sport isn't as much about the achievements of human physicality, its more about the narratives, the underdog stories, the great comebacks, the pressure, the hilarity that sometimes happens, the match-throwing that shows us how some sold out. Its in the fans, in the lore, in the history. It kind of doesn't matter if "they" "let it be a sport". It already is.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• They get bigger every year and so they should, some of the things I've seen in battlefield and overwatch by pro players are just ridiculous and takes some serious skill.

2|0
    0|0
    • Yeh it's crazy! I really enjoy it, and it helps give replay value to a lot of games for me because it gives me something to aspire to. I'm far too old lol but I can aspire to that level of skill.

• Show All
    • Haha, I know, it was Funhaus and Achievement Hunter, they were supposed to play each other in Overwatch but Funhaus hired Cloud 9 in secret to play for them for revenge xP

• Haha, a similar thing happened with Soviet Womble. Highly entertaining :P I met check that out in the morning.

• It is definitely a sport. It involves fast reflexes and quick thinking.

2|0
    0|0
    • This is one of the things that in my opinion seperates it from traditional physical sports, instead being it's own thing - E-Sports.

• It's not physical sport, but i still believe it should be classified as something. You still need skills or anyone would be a gaming pro, there's practice, grinding, researching opponents etc as well as teamwork and communication. Exact same aspects as sport, just virtually controller by am athlete (So to speak)

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m apart of E-Sports I’m a competitive player for Rainbow 6 Siege it’s a sport they are mad because it doesn’t take any physical effort or pain to get better but it helps with vision and hand eye coordination

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a gamer and I don't see it as much different from other sports. Billiards is seen as a sport and the way the TV does poker isn't that different from E-Sports coverage. I've only watched a couple of tournaments and it's not for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • People like different shit. Who cares. It's not suppose to be the same, and there is value in the differences. Do both, or keep at the one, but don't excuse it. If it's preferable, then fuck em.

0|0
    0|0
  • They aren’t sports, in my opinion. With that said, they’re getting stupid money cause sports teams are investing in them like crazy

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't like it. Just regular tournaments I think is ok, but when I see e sports it's always the same kinds of games ahem LOL...

I don't know I just don't like how they put the word sports into it and they're promoting all these soft drinks and energy drinks. I mean tbh these guys would probably get the same effect if they took a caffeine pill and it won't have all that sugar.

in my opinion esports is just a way to promote a bunch of crap.

In tournaments it's very straight to the point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Useless

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't even know what an E-sport is

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's awesome

1|0
    0|0
  • To each their own

0|0
    0|0
  • Boring af, real sport much more effective

0|0
    1|1

What Girls Said 3

• I think it will become even bigger in the future and take more place in media etc. 👏

1|0
    0|0
    • I do hope so :) It currently gets a lot of flak from the media which it really doesn't deserve, so I do hope that one day people accept it more :)

• What is an e-sport?

0|0
    0|0
    • It's basically video games, but played at a professional level :)

• Interesting. Never knew it can be a professional thing. Aren't all video games created with a plot, so if you jut go by the plot you win? hahaha shows how much I know lmfao

• There's a lot more than just story games :P Games like CSGO, Dota 2, Overwatch, Rainbow 6 Siege, and more are all multi player games played at very high skill levels. I find it rather entertaining.

• Boring

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes