Do you have a childhood book or story you’d love to see made into a movie? Or has one of yours already been made?

I was so excited to see the announcement of Disney making Artemis Fowl, this was one of my favourite series growing up... I’d save all of my pocket money and fake being sick on release day so I could go and buy the new ones 😛
Do you have a childhood book or story you’d love to see made into a movie? Or has one of yours already been made?
Did you have a book or story you loved as a kid?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I F***ING LOVED ARTEMIS FOWL!! YESSSSS!

2|0
    0|0
    • Right? I’m so excited!! I can’t wait to see who plays Holly

• Show All
    • 2019, Judy Dench is Commander Root and Josh Gad is Mulch Digger

• Haha cool, I can see Josh Gad as Mulch

Most Helpful Girl

• Love artemis fowl!! Awww the memories! Magic tree house was great too. Junie B jones. Hank the cowdog. And warrior cats too.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I Remember The Boxcar Children growing up I really thought that was a really cool book series would have loved to seen that the movies. Was going to say Indian in the Cupboard for another one but I do believe they came out with that one in a movie

1|0
    0|0
  • The stinky cheese man. I don't know what it's about but my older sis told me I loved it as a kid and I'm curious to see it. I partially blame her for making me twisted as a child.

1|0
    0|0
  • One of my favorites was A Wrinke in Time by Madeline L'Engle. They are making it into a movie right now and I'm a little nervous about it, I'd hate to see them ruin it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Although I would love it I doubt they would be able to include everything from the book. So i would feel disappointed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wasn't much of a fan, mainly because we had to write a speech on it

1|0
    0|0
  • I loved the outsiders as a kid and the movie was great too

0|0
    0|0
  • The range of artemisia fowl books are amazing so I'd go for that

1|0
    0|0
  • Rangers apprentice , wizard apprentice or how it is really named

0|0
    0|0
  • goosebumps was ok

1|0
    0|0
  • Clifford but I could guarantee it would suck

2|0
    0|0
  • Kasper in the Glitter

0|0
    0|0
  • The Giving Tree.

1|0
    0|0
  • Magic Tree House
    And the Tomek. series

1|0
    0|0
  • The Kid Who Ran for President. Dan Gutman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hi beautiful

0|0
    1|0
  • Disney's Artemis Fowl was announced years ago

0|0
    0|0
    • Just because rights are purchased doesn’t mean they ever get made. The rights were purchased in 2013, the cast was only announced two days ago

• Why do you hate the Goosebumps movie? I enjoyed it. Could have been better but yeah. Still happy they made it. :) And I would like to see them make a movie of Are You Afraid of the Dark. <3 Similar stories to Goosebumps but sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
    • You know I think it’s because I just don’t like jack black lol. I liked shallow hal and school of rock but other than that his face just annoys me 😂
      I remember a tv show by that name but not a book, will have to have a look 😊

• I think AYAOTD was only a tv show. but it still counts. :) It should still be made into a big screen movie, even though they made an epic finale out of it on the tv show. And yeah, Jack Black is a bit annoying to look at sometimes. haha. I won't argue

• When I was young I had an experimental sexual relationship with two girls that lived in the neighbourhood. Unsupervised by our swinger parents we used to emulate whatever saw spying on their orgies

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

0|0
    0|0
  • Warriors by Erin Hunter is my childhood series and last year movie plans started. So far they only have a producer but I hope more info comes out this upcoming year.

It could be absolute trash but I'm still gonna go see it 80 times and buy the Blu Ray.

My other childhood book series was Inkheart and I was... to say the least dissapointed by that movie, Paul Bettany was the highlight of it, his Dustfinger was almost exactly what I pictured but everyone else was varying shades of "eh"

1|0
    0|0
  • One of my all time favourite books/films was both written and produced long before I was born, and indeed before either of my parents were.
    Both the book and film is called How Green Was My Valley.
    Please google it if you would like to know more about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • majority of my favs have already been made haha i would really love to see the passage by justin cronin be made into a movie. It isn't a kids book but tis just amazing

0|0
    0|0
  • I read "So B. It" in elementary school and would love a movie on it. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • They are doing Artemis?
    Fuck feels like i have been waiting forever

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't recall one that I've read that wasn't made into a movie already

0|0
    0|0
  • No not having children.

0|0
    0|0