What was your first ever game console?

With the holiday season in full swing and Christmas only hours away, I decided to use the current popularity of gaming to take a trip down memory lane.

Before PS4 and whatever the new Xbox one is called, there were simpler... more shit game consoles.
However, these were new back in those days so we didn't feel dissapointed that they didn't support downloadable content and online multi-player because that stuff didn't exist.

So what do you remember your first game console being?

Mine was a sega mastersystem. It actually wasn't given to me, it was given to my older brother one Christmas of an exact year I'm able to confirm but it was some time during the 20th century.

So what was yours?
  • What was your first ever game console?Nintendo entertainment system
    Vote A
  • What was your first ever game console?Sega mastersystem
    Vote B
  • What was your first ever game console?Sega Genesis
    Vote C
  • What was your first ever game console?Super nes
    Vote D
  • What was your first ever game console?Sony PlayStation
    Vote E
  • What was your first ever game console?Nintendo 64
    Vote F
  • Other (which one)?
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, the good old days of Sega Genesis and Street Fighter II.

0|1
    0|0
    • Some good days alright and that was actually a really good game for it's time. I remember it.

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• My dad bought my brothers an Atari 2600 and a Sega SG-1000 in the '80s for our home entertainment. Meanwhile, nowadays, I still have my Nintendo Game & Watch and my Nintendo Game Boy that were handed down to me by my brothers. I don't know if they still work but I keep getting offers for them. Even my brothers offered to buy them back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Similar story to yours- my brother got a SNES when I was little & that was our first gaming console. The first one I bought on my own was a Playstation 2 in 2005. My collection has grown since then, lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • i had nintendo game boy colour as my hand held one xD and then a playstation 2

0|0
    0|0
  • Nintendo 64.

0|1
    0|0
  • gameboy, gamecube, the original DS lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Classic Nintendo all the wayyyy... The best!

0|0
    0|0
  • Where’s the Atari?

0|0
    0|0
    • Thought is was too old for this gen

• Show All
    • Your point?😂 I also listen to music from decades ago. I was born in the wrong generation 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Yeah but music from decades ago was actually good.
      Game consoles from 30 years ago? Not so much.

• Xbox 360

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 42

• Never had one, PC master race (sry had too XD ), first gamed on a Microsoft 1998 box computer lol

0|1
    0|0
    • PC gaming is so expensive though

• Show All
    • Don't you generally use controllers for PC gaming too?
      I've got one for my laptop which isn't good enough to play the only PC game I want

• I don't but I have a few friends that do. Could I use a controller, possibly, but most of the games I'm into would most likely be hard to use a controller on (Civilization 5, or other turn-based strategy)

• Sega Genesis, loved that thing. Somewhere I've got a few boxes in storage that are full of old gaming stuff.

0|1
    0|0
    • Cool man. I liked it too

• I had Dendy. I don't know if people even know about it

0|1
    0|0
  • playstation one
    my very first game i have played was Resident Evil 3

0|1
    0|0
  • The first console I ever owned was I think a super Nintendo. I remember playing some Spider-Man game, donkey Kong country, and a Mario game. When I was 4 I met a new friend and he had a ps2 and the super Nintendo became obsolete because he had a Godzilla game n everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • My systems so far have been hand me downs. My first was an NES, followed by an SNES, a Gameboy, a Sega Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, and the latest being a PS3. Upon getting the next system, I gave them away with the exception of the game boy which fell and broke.

0|0
    0|0
  • damn look at that Sega... looks like a nightrider car hahah
    the n64 was truly unique... that had awesome 3D Games.. and everything felt different
    Mario was awesome on it...007 wow

playstation 1 was soo good too... resident evil ahhh the best

0|0
    0|0
  • I still have my 64 with both Zelda games, Mario Party 1, And Donkey Kong.

0|1
    0|0
  • The family had a SNES. My brother and me got a shared Playstation for Christmas and and with a ps2 years latter.

The first one that was just mine was a Nintendo DS.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine was my sisters SEGA GENESIS with SONIC the Hedgehog card xD

First console that was mine was PS1 + Crash Bandicoot game on xD

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh I loved crash bandicoot.
      It's hilarious they actually released the same game this year for ps4. Exactly the same just with smoothed over graphics.
      Suckers bought it up in droves.

• I played it again with a public PS4... oldschool was better and in fact its not as good as we remember it 😂

• Of course not because games have come so far since

• PS1 for life!!! Doom and Duke Nukem: Time To Kill are still my favourite games. Doom and Duke will always hold a special place in gaming history for me.

0|0
    0|0
    • They were before you were born. Can you explain the story of how you got it?
      I had a ps1 at least 5 years before you were born.

• Show All
    • If you emulate it you don't need the disc

• If you're into ww2 you should try the wolfenstein games

• Nintendo I miss you! That was my first one. Nintendo 64 my little bro had that one. Awesome!

0|1
    0|0
  • my dad had calico vision

but the first system that was bought specifically for me was NES

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • My first system was the original Game Boy and Sega Genesis. Then I got an N64 and SNES.

0|0
    0|0
  • Game Boy Advanced SP.
    Frogger's Adventures for days

0|0
    0|0
  • PS1 with TOCA touring cars. Old school haha, well for me that is haha.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that's still old school man

• Yeah sure is haha, especially once you see the likes of Forza and project cars today, it’s mental how far the gaming world has come.

• True

• Early 90s I got a Sega Genesis. Sonic 2 was my first game.

0|0
    0|0
  • My family had an Atari when I was young. My first console game system was Playstation 2.

0|0
    0|0
    • How old were you when you got the ps2?

• Show All
    • Rent it first. I imagine it gets old fast unless you're into the storyline.

• I like owning so if I want to play it again it's there. I feel bored unless I have a big collection. When I get a new console I start with 6 or 7 games

• GameCube; I was raised on Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion, and that was all I needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes