When you play video games, do you prefer to play as a character who is of your own gender or the opposite gender?

I usually prefer to play male characters, especially if it's a Mage type character.
  • I prefer to play a character that is the opposite gender.
  • I prefer to play a character that is my own gender.
Note: This is assuming you get a choice of gender in the first place--i. e., you're not forced to play as one gender or the other due to the storyline or because one gender has the abilities/aptitudes that you need/like.

1741

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends. For a rogue stealthy thief or a mage I would use a female character usually, but for a fighter, barbarian, space ship captain, or in most shooter games I usually use a male character.
    In the new COD, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Wasteland 2, I used male characters. In Fable 2 and State of Decay I used female characters.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. I hate games where armour for girls are extremely skimpy and guys armour is actually decent. That's a scenario I pick males. I also really enjoy writing character stories, for example guild wars 2, where I have both genders.