Why do people seem to hate Nickelback so much?

I've seen a lot of people hate on Nickelback for some reason over the years and I still don't understand why. I genuinely like their music and I never really got what the deal is

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont get it either. Sumn about a concert i think? But i love their songs:
    Far Away
    Never Gonna Be alone
    When We Stand Together
    How You remind Me
    Rockstar
    Gotta Be Somebody
    ... not really into the other

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's because they've been overplayed SOOO much on the radio. I used to like them, but now I can't listen to them. If it comes on on my computer or ipod (I still have their songs), or on the radio, I turn it now lol. I can still listen to one or two occasionally, but the less popular, less played ones I like.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I have seen the same thing
    I kind of like this music

1|1
    0|0
  • Ya I don't understand it either lol I actually like their music too.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• The problem is that Nickleback is too generic sounding. They have the skill and talent to do so much better than they do but for whatever reason they don't. They're just kinda boring. At the moment they're just something to fill the empty space on a CD rack, or play in the background for some ambient noise.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a joke that people keep perpetuating. They're not the best band in the world, but they're certainly not the worst. I think very few people legitimately hate Nickleback, but they're a running joke now, so it's just easier to run with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's just because it's cool to hate Nickelback. All these people saying they are terrible musicians. But can't sing or play an instrument themselves.

0|1
    0|0
  • Generic 4/4 beats, shitty lyrics, bad melody. They suck as muscians.

1|0
    1|1

Recommended myTakes