How do you stopped breaking things so easily?

Back in High School, I used to break some of my Nintendo DS Lite game systems by accident and I have to get another one. I didn't have a protection armor to keep it from being damaged when I dropped it and the serial number sticker was removed off the back of it, and I had to buy it like 6 times for $140 each. I usually break some of my parents' stuff even though I didn't try to do it on purpose. Now, I somehow broke the treadmill by pressing some buttons after my brother used it because the treadmill was moving too fast, so I tried to slow it down by pressing the buttons and it stopped working properly.
Why do most things I tried to use or don't have a protection armor always gets broken so easily? I realized it was too late for me to get a protection armor for the first 6 Nintendo DS Lite game systems that I had and each one only lasted about 2 years because of my carelessness for those handhelds I used to own.

02