What do you think about Rey from Star Wars?

The character Rey has caused fans to have mix feelings about her. While some welcome a female main lead into the star wars universe that is a capable fighter, others have grown to resent her for being too much of a Mary sue. What is your take on the character?
  • I like her
  • I hate her
  • Indifferent
    Vote C

529

Most Helpful Guy

• I think she has potential to be a better main character than she actually is but instead, is just a Mary Sue, with some plot holes and automatic light saber skills with no training (not even Luke Skywalker ever automatically has light saber fighting skills against Darth Vader, without any training).

... and no, I am not blaming this Mary Sue character on Feminism (like some people on the internet are), I'm rather blaming Rey being a poorly written Mary Sue on lazy writing from Disney and Lucasfilm LTD.

Most Helpful Girl

• Simply a way for Disney to appeal to PC people and show they are diverse because they have this female lead that can do everything without any proper prior training or experience. Plus Disney completely destroyed years of Extended Universe just to tell their shitty story, so I hate the new Star Wars in general. If Rey had been more like Luke, had flaws and challenges to overcome, I would have liked her, but she was just there to be politically correct. She has no flaws, no challenges to overcome, and the obvious relationship between her and Finn hinted in The Force Awakens, is just shoe horned in because "white girl and black dude is PC". There is no spark, no connection, there is nothing between them.