Could you rate my coloring skill?

Those are pics that I drew in 2014( I know pretty old) but I stopped drawing and didn't have new ones. Now I'm getting back at art but I'm not sure how I feel about coloring because I see so many color errors in my pictures.
I guess I didn't improve with the coloring because I didn't draw for 3 years.
I'm currently drawing realistic people and all in black and white.
Could you rate how I colored my pics and share your opinion if I should stay with black and white or try those markers again?(would try to color realistic people and more with them)

Last pic shows how I draw currently with black and white.

1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• The rose is very pretty, but the lighting effects seem a bit off to me. 6.5/10 (5 is good enough, 10 is perfect)
    The 2nd pretty good, but the clothing seem a bit odd. 7.5/10

Great work with the third one, but you might want to have a more diverse color pallet so if you looked at it from 30' away it doesn't look like a brown smudge. 9/10

The fourth one is hard for me to judge because I don't like how the character looks, but the coloring is good. 8/10 (maybe a bit higher)

That's a wonderful sketch. As far as sketches go, I'd rate it around a 7.5 for sketching quality.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes the lighting on the rose also really bothers meπŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™€οΈ seems like all over the place.
      Thanks for advice

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty impressive. About how long does it take for one of those to get finished?

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you.
      I remember that those colored drawings took one day. I'm always taking a lot of breaks but max would be 2 days.
      Black and white 2-3 hours.
      Of course it depends on the drawing 2.

• There's a lot of Facebook groups for buying and selling things in areas local to you, I'm sure. People will pay a fair amount of money for doodles of themselves if they look even semi-professional. You could take requests a couple at a time, charge 50 bucks a head. These are good.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Stayed in the lines, correct colours for the petals and leaves, complimentary colours chosen for different clothing pieces.
    10/10

To be honest your work is pretty fucking amazing and I think you should market your skills.

2|0
    0|0
    • I do agree that she should market her skills, with maybe just cleaning up her art a smidgen she could do decent illustrations and other such work and I think most clients would be happy with her.

• Didn't expect such a high ranking, thanks. But I think it's pretty hard for me to sell anything because there are artists out there who are 1000 times better

• Don't doubt yourself like that. I won't lie and say there aren't better artists out there but everyone has a finite amount of time to work.
      You're good enough to be able to start taking commissions, and you'll only improve as you earn.

• The anime's are drawn well but the contrast I'd a little too high level. That's not a bad thing but you can try to use more colors so that it's not always so bright. the last portrait looks great!

2|0
    0|0
  • Wow! That's really good. You should go on that fivver website so you could make money drawing and selling your pictures to people.

1|0
    0|0
    • Never heard of that. Going to check that out. Thanks!

• Are those characters original ideas, or are they characters from a game or anime?

• Very good. Stay away from anime though because it's time to grow up like the last picture.

1|0
    0|2
    • You need to watch "Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared"

• I understand what you are saying but i guess I'm going to switch between anime and realistic regularly cause I want to be challenged by different styles. And anime sometimes challenges my creativity more.

• @villageidiot33 oh pls no.. haha

• This is really quite beautiful coloring is something I really struggle with

1|0
    0|0
  • Its excellent looks almost above human skill lmao

1|0
    0|0
  • Really Good!

1|0
    0|0
  • Very Artistic

1|0