I didn't do what I wanted to do with my life. Is it hopeless?

From a young age I aspired to be a singer, actress or dancer. I wanted to go to America travel

At the age of 18 however (when most people start this journey) I developed severe OCD and anxiety.

I hated the thought of crowds and people so much. I attended university and just used to go there and back with my head down not interacting with anyone. Thankfully I at least got through that but I didn't do anything else to fulfil my dreams.

Now at 27 almost 28 I look at where I am. I have a law degree which I don't even like. I've achieved nothing and now I'm too old.

An old friend got in touch recently and she has a husband a child on the way, she's travelled. She was shocked when I told her I was still living with my parents and sister (currently unemployed) and haven't even left the country. I used to to go school with Zayn Malik and Melissa steel. Two famous singers now and I think of what I could have done had I not given into this OCD and anxiety.

I've had this mental illness for 10 years. No medication or therapy has helped. What can I do to improve?

333

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not hopeless, bit will be difficult. Not because it's difficult to change at an older age. It's difficult to change old habits, to break free from your mental health and do the things you want to do. If you keep working through your ocd and focus on the goal that you want to achieve then it's possible. Nothing is impossible if you work hard, focus and do better than your best. Push higher, set achievable, realistic short term goals and complete them. You want to be a singer? You need to find your voice. You may not have used it in a long time but practice, voice exercise and training will help you to find it again. It takes time to make real progress towards what you really want to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• 28 is young Take control of your life no more excuses start any job start from scratch and make plans, write it down all your goals & make REALISTIC goals.

People get sad so quick and say their goals don't become real because they set unrealistic goals. For example It's like saying I'm going to work in a week and make $4,000 , but instead you might have to work 4-5 weeks and make $4,000... Be real with yourself.
    Dreams come true when you WORK HARD for then not sit down and complain.

As for your friend who has a child and traveling why does it bother you? Anyone can get married as long as you have a vagina and a penis and mate have a child and travel! If marriage having a kid and traveling is your dream than FAM maybe is time to ask around for a husband!

What I am saying is don't look at other people accomplishments we all have different dreams -goals -plans.
    Just go forward work hard and STOP comparing. The moment you start comparing you start living for other people...