Do you think that an MP3 rip sounds better than the original CD?

I'm was sitting here listening to my remastered Sabbath Bloody Sabbath CD (by Black Sabbath) and it sounded like mud. Now I'm listening to my 320kb MP3 rip of the same album and it sounds fantastic. For some reason the MP3 rip sounds more like vinyl to me with it's brightness even though the data is compressed. I never liked the sound of compact disk since the day this format was introduced. In my opinion, a high quality MP3 rip sounds much better than any of my CD's. Do you agree or disagree? Or is there something wrong with my hearing?
Updates:
Not so much if you rip the MP3 at 320kb. For some reason CD, WAV, Apple Lossless and FLAC all sound like shit to me. I know it shouldn't be that way but I enjoy music ripped at 320kb MP3 much more. It's really weird and it makes no sense to me...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You should look up the volume wars, pretty sure that was the name it was a whole thing in the music scene

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• nah. mp3 is lossy, and the sound you hear is kind of smoothed over. give me a good flac or ep anyday. failing that a cd.

0|0
    0|0
    • Now
      Not so much if you rip the MP3 at 320kb. For some reason CD, WAV, Apple Lossless and FLAC all sound like shit to me. I know it shouldn't be that way but I enjoy music ripped at 320kb MP3 much more. It's really weird and it makes no sense to me...

• nah fair enough. each codec supposedly has different ranges that sound awesome 😉 and its a matter of taste anyway

• You should try the vinyl version of your song for the best listening experience.

0|0
    0|0
    • Vinyl is a royal pain in the ass because of record hiss and because you have to keep lifting up the needle. That's why I say that a 320kb MP3 rip is the best listening experience...

Recommended myTakes