Whats your favorite book?

What's your all time favorite book?
And why?Whats your favorite book??

835

Most Helpful Guy

• Pandora Star, and its sequel Judas Unchained.
    It has to be the two together because they can not be read independently. I think they were one book split in half because because of their huge size.

Anyhow, I love them because they are sci-fi that feels... potentially real. Everything is explained in a way that makes you say "OK, I could see that."
    And the story is HUGE. Probably hundreds of characters, many with totally unrelated plot lines. Some you don't see from again for hundreds of pages...
    And it all works, None are forgettable or unimportant. Plot lines all come back together.
    In the end, it makes SENSE. And between the several years of the story, and the dozens or more worlds and other locations, each fleshed out, and all the characters, it feel HUGE.
    A real, lived in, authentic universe.

And at the same time, it is written in a very approachable manner. You never feel lost, navigating the story being told.

I really could gush about how much I love the story all day, but I won't. Partly because of character limits, mostly because I don't wanna spoil anything. All I can say is this:
    If you have even the SLIGHTEST interest in sci-fi, or just want a good, deep, coherent story and the genre doesn't matter too much?
    Check out this two-parter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hard to pick my all time fav, so Iโ€™ll just go with my fav Iโ€™ve read this year.
    In the Absence of Light by Adrienne Wilder
    Just a great book that makes you think, makes you feel and makes you see things in another light.