Whats your favorite book?

What's your all time favorite book?
And why?Whats your favorite book??

2|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Pandora Star, and its sequel Judas Unchained.
    It has to be the two together because they can not be read independently. I think they were one book split in half because because of their huge size.

Anyhow, I love them because they are sci-fi that feels... potentially real. Everything is explained in a way that makes you say "OK, I could see that."
    And the story is HUGE. Probably hundreds of characters, many with totally unrelated plot lines. Some you don't see from again for hundreds of pages...
    And it all works, None are forgettable or unimportant. Plot lines all come back together.
    In the end, it makes SENSE. And between the several years of the story, and the dozens or more worlds and other locations, each fleshed out, and all the characters, it feel HUGE.
    A real, lived in, authentic universe.

And at the same time, it is written in a very approachable manner. You never feel lost, navigating the story being told.

I really could gush about how much I love the story all day, but I won't. Partly because of character limits, mostly because I don't wanna spoil anything. All I can say is this:
    If you have even the SLIGHTEST interest in sci-fi, or just want a good, deep, coherent story and the genre doesn't matter too much?
    Check out this two-parter.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hard to pick my all time fav, so Iโ€™ll just go with my fav Iโ€™ve read this year.
    In the Absence of Light by Adrienne Wilder
    Just a great book that makes you think, makes you feel and makes you see things in another light.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• Probably "Mistborn" by Brandon Sanderson. It's a masterpiece of a story with a vivid world and compelling characters. The series as a whole has some of, if not THE best plot twists in all of literature. Just my opinion xD

1|1
    0|0
    • I agree I was gonna right this or mortal engines love it so much

• Show All
    • Really it's becoming a movie yeah I have I haven't read it has to convince my librarian to get it like a month ago ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and yeah that's like Percy Jackson making the mortal engines movie

• @Alameen The movie is still in the earliest possible stages of development and it's not actually a mistborn movie. It's like... another series in the same world but further in the future than the Alloy of Law books. It's likely going to be a film noir detective type of movie so we'll see if it comes to completion and if it's any good if when that happens.

• I really can't decide, I loved
    ready player one
    Hellfire
    Apache
    Sniper one
    American sniper
    Lone survivor
    Secrets for the mad
    13 reasons why
    Doing it

1|0
    0|0
    • i'm currently reading ready player one, i was going to give up on it but since it's a favorite to you i'll give it another chance

• Show All
    • Haha man ur dedicated I haven't seen it in cinemas yet but I'm happy it was good kinda feared it might not be

• It's good, different to the book but still good

• 1984. Totally amazing. I predicted most of the end tho;(

1|0
    0|0
  • My favorite book is typically whichever one I'm currently reading. I love to read and it's so hard to pick favorites when there are so many fantastic boss out there. Right now I'm reading Madeleine L'engle's Wrinkle in Time series.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is not the way you mean It, but my dog eared 1976 copy of the ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook. Got me through the state sponsored child abuse system that is more commonly known as high school.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything by Philip reeve well mortal engines but his new series is good. Also dark materials is fantastic and Phillip Pullman is so good in religion and god especially book of dust on consiousness. Finally Brandon Sanderson and the mistborn series

0|0
    0|0
  • Tough call. Grapes of Wrath is my favorite on pure literary quality, but Hunt for Red October is my favorite in terms of actual enjoyment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, mixes scifi and comedy

1|1
    0|0
  • The world according to Clarkson because of his outta veiws on everything.

1|0
    0|0
  • the Kings of the Wylde. it is like dungeons and dragons meets rock and roll

1|0
    0|0
  • Beowulf.
    I don't read much fiction and this is probably the most inspirational stories I've read.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone's life itself a great book. Write it with full passion, everyone will enjoy reading it, if written honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • The subtle art of not giving a fuck..
    It's worth every word..

0|0
    0|0
  • Tarkin
    I like the cat and mouse game and deeper insight into the character of wilhuff tarkin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stephen King's tit

1|1
    0|0
    • It* F auto correct

• Show All
    • Those are some really good books, tried divergent? Or perks of being a wallflower?

• No but I heard about perks of being a wallflower before
      I'll make sure to read them as soon as possible ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Ready player one

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm currently reading this one! i'm glad it's a favorite to you, makes me wanna read it even more

• who will cry once you die

1|0
    0|0
  • Fate is the Hunter by Ernest Gann.

1|0
    0|0
  • "The Hobbit"

1|0
    0|0
  • Harry Potter series

1|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
    Very thought provoking book. I often gift it to friends going through a hard time

1|0
    0|0
  • A Hundred Years of Solitude
    Daughter of Luck
    Kite Runner
    A Thousand Splendid Suns

So many favourites. :)

As a kid my favourites were Harry Potter and His Dark Materials trilogy.

1|0
    0|0
  • My friend on here, I just met her, turned me on to her new book. Julie's web. I put in an order a few days ago and it sounds great if you enjoy plays.

0|0
    0|0
  • Matched.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like After Tehran by Marina Nemat

1|0
    0|0
  • Any book on food

1|1
    0|0
    • Haha ๐Ÿ˜น pleasing to the eyes and the stomache๐Ÿ˜‰