What is your all time favourite book?

If you can't pick just one. Top three. And give a little description about what the book is about.

I do not read nearly as much as I would like. The problem is. Nothing catches my fancy.

I loved Skulduggery Pleasant though.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Isabel Allende: The Daughter of Fortune - it's a historical novel, has some magical realism in it. A Chilean girl follows her boyfriend to California, meets some Chinese guy cook and all sorts of things happen, it's all set at the midpoint of 19th century when people got crazy for Californian gold. This book made me want to see San Francisco. Sounds like some romance, but it actually isn't.
    Khaled Hosseini: The Kite Runner - this is actually quite well known, even the movie was made. So the whole story is based on the friendship between two boys from Afghanistan. In the background you can see what's been happening with Afghanistan pre Soviets, during Soviets, during mujahedins and talibans.
    Marquez: A Hundred Years of Solitude. Yeah, I don't even know how to describe what this book is about, just bunch of shit the writer came up with but it's awesome. Magic realism at it's finest.

Most Helpful Guy

• the hound of the baskerviles, by sit Arthur Conan Doyle