Anyone else think the Austin Powers movies are underrated?

I know they are classics but behind the comedy there is genius. A unique comedy style that will be remembered for a verylong time. I dont think comedies get the credit they deserve at times.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I haven't seen those movies since I was a kid. I feel a marathon coming up.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

What Guys Said 10

• I liked the first and third the best. The second had its moments, but had a lot more potty humor just for “shock value.”

Underrated? I don’t know. I think it’s still on some lists for funny movies. I guess it would just have to depend on where we go as a culture and how / if it stands up over time. I think when the movies were out, it got annoying how everyone was constantly quoting it trying to be fummy, and it got overused and overplayed. Then people got kind of sick of it, and other things came out, so I think most people think “meh” when they are about to see it. I think it has to be a bit “forgotten” because the lines are still pretty fresh in people’s heads. Forgotten, so that the quotes become funny again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not underated. Designed to appeal to a certain demographic. They do... and are successful in that space. They just don't appeal elsewhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the first one was comedy genius, and then they went downhill.

0|0
    0|0
  • they were good movies dont think id say great ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wish they make a new one... i love the series lol

0|0
    0|0
    • No if they force a new one they might just make it flop

• Yes!

0|1
    0|0
  • They are really low quality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always disliked them. Heavily over marketed.

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely yes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes