How long do you think it will take for Star Wars to die off?

When will the fans realize that the movies are creatively dead now?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it’s one of those things where they’ll milk it until it stops making them money. It doesn’t matter if they suck, the die hard and super loyal fans will go to see it and buy up all the merch anyway.

0|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Star Wars and Star Trek are both dead af now. Far left bull shit propaganda destroyed them. They were pretty much finished anyway. The future of TV and Movie type media, comic books etc is independent developers who don't answer to some SJW commie nut case. You can see it happening already with the press. Independent reporters and commentators on youtube are getting more views than CNN. People know bull shit when they see it and they'll look elsewhere. I predict that there is big money and fame there for the taking for any independent group of actors that wants to make independent films or TV style series and post them online if they're tuned to the current socio-political climate. Hollywood has had it, they're gross beyond belief and full of shit.

0|6
    0|2
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I'd say around the year 2050.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will take many years because Hollywood will milk it to death

0|0
    0|0
  • A loooong time. Because they like money

0|0
    0|0
    • The producers do, but how long do you think people will continue to waste money on it before they grow tired from the Star Wars fatigue (because we'll be getting a new movie pretty much every year from now on)

• A loooooong time, because nostalgia

• Never

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• It's the episodes that aren't the same anymore because it was initially an Anakin Skywalker story. Now it's just Rey, who isn't such a great character.

As far as just Star Wars, there are endless possibilities. Rogue One was great and there is so much to explore in the Star Wars lore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get all the hate for having an over powered female lead when the series has never been known for complex or interesting characters. Hell the first and best in the series is a paint by numbers hero's journey with better than average special effects for the time. The series has always been spectacle over content.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not to this extent. Luke earned his abilities. He spent a whole two movies just to learn how to use the force - Marey Sue went from not even knowing that the force existed to being on par with a Jedi knight the next day what with knowing how to lift objects, how to fight with a lightsaber, how to do mind tricks. It's ridiculous.

• Doesn't matter, the majority don't go to the movies because "Oh look how creative this is!" they go to be entertained for a few hours.

There's a reason why the Transformers movies do so well. You know exactly what you're going to get. There's less risk to the consumer with that, they know they're going to get a hot woman, and lots of explosions. The devil you know... you know?

As long as Star Wars doesn't go too heavy with the SJW stuff (Main character is a literal Mary Sue archetype), gives the older audiences nostalgia, and is entertaining for younger audiences (Ewoks/Porgs) it'll be around for a long time.

0|3
    0|0
  • All most movie goers want is a few hours of entertainment, and not really looking for the creativity behind the movie. So I would say until they top themselves and then the numbers start falling down.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are kidding. That franchise is gold. For as long as money can be made, they will make movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • It won't, stop shitty on what other people like.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not shitting on what others like - I'm just pointing out that it's not what they think it is. It's a shell of the original franchise.

• It's a shell that other people like, you are shitting on it. Let them be happy with their crappie new films

• I think it will be viable for years to come

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just one more movie, and maybe a couple of spin offs. Nothing beats the original trilogy. Not the prequels and not the current new sequel trilogy, or any of the spin offs. Once the franchise milking stops and it doesn't make as much money anymore they might eventually stop making more commercialized content for it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes