Have you watched the latest Star Wars movie, "The Last Jedi"?

Have you watched the latest Star Wars movie, "The Last Jedi"?If you did watch it, then did you watch it in IMAX 3D, or some other special or 3D (RealD3D) format? Or just regular non-3D format?

Any thoughts on Star Wars Episode 8?

Personally, I was never into Star Wars, but a co-worker suggested we go see The Force Awakens, and I'm like, fine, might as well check it out in 3D since that's how I prefer to watch movies that offer that format in the theaters. I'll be frank, Star Wars just never was really my thing, to me it's great as a popcorn flick but that's about it. And I've heard great things about the original trilogy.

And for those of you that are butt-hurt about how the franchise had turned out, well I've been in a similar situation myself when the bullshit abomination of Alien vs. Predator came out, but that's because I had really fucking high expectations of things, only to realize they completely fucked things up all to quickly cash-in and milk the fucking franchises disregarding everything that came before it.

So the lesson here is ultimately NOTHING BEATS THE ORIGINALS, everything else, whether it's sequels, prequels, remakes, reboots or spin-offs are just mainly made for a wider audience in mind and primarily just to cash-in on a well established and well known franchise, so if you have really high expectations and don't want to become upset, angered or let down, just avoid it altogether, otherwise just take your chances with it, you might like it, or you may feel indifferent.

I'm gonna say this and I think some of y'all gonna hate me for sayin' it, but I did get some real good laughs with those silly rabbit penguin hybrid alien birds, called "Porgs". I kinda felt they were more interesting than the rest of the movie and stole the show, but that's just me.
Have you watched the latest Star Wars movie, "The Last Jedi"?
Updates:
Anybody else? Bumping once.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest I’ve only ever seen one Star Wars movie and that was when I was a kid not a huge fan of Star Wars only the concept

0|0
    0|0
    • I was never exactly a "fan" either. I've learned not to hold my breath for sequels and reboots since they tend to be inferior compared to their original predecessors.

Most Helpful Guy

• "y'all gonna hate me for sayin' it, but I did get some real good laughs with those silly rabbit penguin hybrid alien birds, called "Porgs". I kinda felt they were more interesting than the rest of the movie and stole the show, but that's just me."

That's because the whole movie was literally just a commercial for porg toys. It's not a movie for any fans over the age of five. It was designed to create an army of about a billion kids worldwide who will make Bambi-eyes and ask their moms for porg shit. All the other characters took a backseat to that.

So get used to seeing those fuckin' things, because they're gonna be the next Furby and the next Tamagotchi combined.

"The full POWER, MAJESTY, and UNWAVERING IMPERIAL MIGHT of the DISNEY EMPIRE is behind this endeavor. Your children will will eat porg cereal and wear porg pajamas and you will fucking LOVE it like you love ANYTHING ELSE we shove down your throats you ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT PERPETUAL ADOLESCENTS!!!"
    -Mickey J. Mouse, Esq. God Emperor Emeritus Ad Infinitum MXCXVIIIIII

0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/.../...r-wars-6.jpg

www.pmslweb.com/.../...and-luke-skywalker-meme.png

i.pinimg.com/.../...s-stuff-star-wars-episodes.jpg

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I did not. My dad wants to watch it, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I watched it and liked it. There was more comedy and good throw backs to the original films

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never watched a Star Wars movie. It's not the kind of movie I tend to watch.

0|1
    0|0
    • what kind of movie?

• Show All
    • I thought it would be interesting as well, so I watched like 2 or 3 episodes, I can't remember. I didn't care for it.

• @Ripper_E I see. I might watch it again.

• Regular and it sucked ass

0|4
    0|0
  • Why would I?

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope but I have star wars everything.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 25

• Not yet, I think I’ll watch it once it becomes available on digital platforms (Netflix etc). I’ve been hearing a lot of negative reviews but since I’m easily impressed with movies, I think it should be good.

0|0
    0|0
    • @adfsdf1996 It should be out and available on digiral platforms by now.

• I watched it, I give it a 7.8/10 rating.

• I was getting bored in the first half or so and have trouble following the plot, despite having seen the previous movie. That was until them silly "porgs" had shown up and had me laughing.

• Yes, I saw it last week. My opinion is as such: if you turn off your brain and don't think critically whilst watching it, then it's good enough movie to watch and also decent star wars. But once you start paying attention to everything, the shit falls apart.

Not only did they throw the legacy of the original trilogy in the garbage, what with undermining all of Luke's & co achievement's, but they also undermined everything from the previous fucking movie.

Luke spends three movies fighting an evil empire, destroys two moon-sized superweapons, and goes out of his way to try and redeem his father, a mass murderer.
    Whereas in this movie, some imperial remnants not only appear out of fucking nowhere and it is never even explained how or why, but they also managed to build an even bigger superweapon than the Empire did.
    And Luke, the most optimistic character in the movies, wanted to kill his own teenage nephew simply because the kid had the "potential" of going dark. That is after Luke, as I said, attempted to redeem a mass murderer. Really?

I just deleted the rest of my opinion because I realized that I simply do not have space in this now rather limited 2500 character freedom to write about all the things this movie did wrong and only a few things it did right.

All I can say is that I am never going to the cinema to watch Star Wars. That thing is creatively dead.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, wow, 10/10, pretty much came here to post this, but let me add:

The only redeeming feature of any Star Wars movie is the lightsaber fights, right? Just like a Quidditch scene in Harry Potter, or a fucking shark attack scene in Jaws? You sit through however many minutes of OVERLY bland and trite dialogue and bullshit C- acting all so you can get to the GOOD PART, right?

The lightsaber fights in this movie were the worst yet, BY FAR. The stunt guys weren't coordinated, nobody was choreographed, it was just flashy shit to cover up the fact that nobody knows how to swordfight, and it's just a stupid Porg commercial anyway... Nobody cares except the fans, and that's why they're the butt of the joke.

• Show All
    • Except him ditching everyone was antithetical to his character so I don't see how you could like that for reasons other than relatability to your own ideals. I would likely be more inclined to do something similar but despite that I can see that it was the worst possible choice for his character.

• That was my point. I find this version of his character relatable to defeatism, pacificism, or stop-giving-a-fuck-anymore-about-anything-or-anybody-altogether-and-stop-trying-anymore-ism, maybe even neutralism. Although as I said earlier, he did help the resistance escape, but it's implied he paid the ultimate price for doing so.

• This was soo BAD!!! I cannot believe how much they hyped up this POS. You had the grand acteurs Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill and you have these amateurs with their cringy ass dialogue and split screen moments that made me want to go, Why the fuck did they hire them to play their nephew/son niece/daughter? Shit was so terribly done and shouldn't even be linked to the originals and should be looked as, as parodies...

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't care for the new stuff at all. I like the original three and that is it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Nothing beats the originals. Most of the time, sequels, reboots, or even prequels of major franchises just do not measure up to their predecessors.

• Show All
    • I mean I was there and experienced what franchise milking and exploitation tasted like with the Alien and Predator franchises, and it was bitter and disappointing as fuck and a complete fucking mess to me with HOW those AvP movies had been made with a background set on modern day Earth! The company that made them, 20th Century Fox said and insisted that they can't make AvP movies set completely in outer space, because they said it would cost them too much money to make which I knew is complete utter bullshit! Then they pull a 180, and actually did an outer space setting of a jungle planet "game preserve" with their 3rd Predator movie, "Predators", so that's proof of bullshit, they could have done proper justice to the AvP movies and set them in outer space in the first place, despite being in the present and modern era! Totally cheated the fanbase IMHO. And that's the same kinda shit that happens to all franchises more or less. Nothing new to me anymore.

• Yeah. It doesn't amaze me at all the lengths they will go to make a buck.

• I unfortunately didn't. I live in the country and there are no movie theaters where I live.

0|1
    0|0
    • I see. But if you lived in the city would you have watched it? by the way, it's good to see a fellow anti-natalist back here.

• Yes, I would've seen the premiere.

• I dont watch tv usually. sometimes when I feel like seeing a movie I look up the plot on wikepedia or some sites or else I look up a guy who talks about the movie and I spoil the entire movie for myself, if its a bad story Im not even gonna watch it. Its what I did with star wars.

0|0
    0|0
  • So I watched in 4dx and in normal mode. 4dx is the best experience in cinemas

0|1
    0|0
  • Star Wars has become another indoctrination tool for Feminists and race mixers.
    It also has plot holes large enough for an Imperial warship to pass through.

0|1
    0|1
    • Clearly you haven't looked at the bigger picture and are more obsessed at looking at the extra's relationships. Of course you would. Then cry about a SJW. Nice try man, nice try.

• Although this movie was cringy shit, that I couldn't stand these new shitty actors period. The extras did a better job at acting than the kylo ren and the sister trash plotline.

• Yes and it was awful in my opinion it had a few genuine moments I liked but overall it was a disappointing movie. Which sucks because I was excited for it and it's the one star wars movie I genuinely don't like.

0|0
    0|0
    • @phoenix98 The only thing I paid most attention to was the whole idea of Luke living peacefully on his own on a very distant and remote planet, that's the kind of peace, tranquility I strongly agree that one should have in retirement. But that was before or until Rey had shown up and disturbed his peace and quiet. It's just the idea and concept that I like most. But that's probably because of the defeatism I have. Imagine never having to deal with anybody and anything else ever again, well for most part, anyway. Just let the rest of the world, galaxy and universe sort out it's own problems instead of bother to even try anymore. Other than that, Chewwie and them "porgs" gave me some real good laughs.

• Movie sucked, end of story in my opinion, won't be wasting any more time with Disney's Star Wars.

• All franchises suffer the same fate sooner or later. Money makes the world goes round which is why things like this happened. If you're mad or upset about how Star Wars turned out now, well it's the same kind of upset and frustrations I had felt with the Alien and Predator franchises, in particular to both big messes of Alien vs. Predator movies. Both were unnecessary but the company ONLY CARED ABOUT MAKING MONEY above everything else, and I strongly believed and felt cheated that they claim and insisted those movies would "cost them too much money to make had they been set completely in an outer space bacground setting or on another planet in outer space", because later, they seemed to have NO PROBLEMS executing this when they made a 3rd Predator standalone movie. Again, my point is originals will always ne better than new sequels, reboots, or prequels, etc. in terms of quality and story because they aren't made solely or primarily just to make more money and profits.

• No, and I won't bother seeing it. After hearing what people who have seen it have to say about it, I'm confident that I made the right choice.

I didn't see The Farce A-suckin's, either, nor will I.

0|0
    0|0
    • I watched them but I was never a Star Wars fanboy to begin with so I had virtually zero expectations. That's typically what it all comes down to, what your expectations are.

I do have to agree they weren't good movies and would never live up to their original predecessors.

• I saw it in regular format. I enjoyed it for the most part even though it dragged on in parts. I need to see it again to really form my opinion though. A lot of people say they determine how they really feel after a 2nd viewing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked it a lot. Of course, there are always things that could be better, but it was good.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't watched this last one yet but I intend to. I'll probably have to wait for decent torrents though.

0|0
    0|0
  • How the fuck can leia use force, den she shoyld hv become a jedi too, lotsof plot holes

0|1
    0|0
  • It was a nightmare, unbelievable, very disappointing direction and poorly written.
    WTF they do to Luke. What a joke. Nightmare
    How does Rey become so powerful with no training. What a joke. They lost me there.
    The entire Vegas side plot with political message, WTF BS is Disney is doing with SW
    I have many other problems with this movie.
    I liked Rogue One,
    Force Awakens was not bad, Again how does Rey defeat a Sith Lord when she just was made aware of the force and no training.
    Makes a mockery of the entire Force
    Star Wars timelines never install enough time to explain events properly.

0|0
    0|0
    • "Again how does Rey defeat a Sith Lord when she just was made aware of the force and no training." Bit confused here, if you meant Supreme Leader Snoke, Rey wasn't the one that defeated him nor killed him.

• Show All
    • @DaxandCarmen

I almost forgot, that was also total bullshit, but Luke stopped believing in himself over the whole failing Ben Solo and Ben turning into Kylo Ren bullshit.

It makes me wonder, if he was so concerned about Ben turning darkside, why not just poison him instead of trying to kill him with a light saber, unless the Force gives magical protection against being poisoned to death too? Sigh, really shitty writing there to me. That's where Luke really fucked up in the first place, once he knew something was wrong, he should have found a way to end Ben as stealthily as possible without him realizing it or see it coming. Unless it's the whole Jedi code morals bullshit, that you must defeat somebody that will turn to the darkside of the force by using a light saber or using the force. And I'm rolling my eyes on that one.

• @daxandcarmen?

• Saw it in Real 3D and the movie was above my expectations.

0|1
    0|0
  • Left me feeling strange when I walked out the cinema I don't know I how to feel about this one

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw it Tuesday, kicked ass

1|1
    0|0
    • Wished there actually had been a light saber fight between Luke and Snoke, that would have been more interesting, and I thought that would happen, guess not this time around as they had killed off Snoke quickly that it was almost foreseeable.

• Great film😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, in IMAX 3D and I loved it

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I have never watched star wars.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I want to thoght

0|1
    0|0
  • Haven't watched the first,, why would I watch it

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw it in both 3D and 2D it was awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry but I hate sci-fi movies

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes