Have you watched the latest Star Wars movie, "The Last Jedi"?

Have you watched the latest Star Wars movie, "The Last Jedi"?If you did watch it, then did you watch it in IMAX 3D, or some other special or 3D (RealD3D) format? Or just regular non-3D format?

Any thoughts on Star Wars Episode 8?

Personally, I was never into Star Wars, but a co-worker suggested we go see The Force Awakens, and I'm like, fine, might as well check it out in 3D since that's how I prefer to watch movies that offer that format in the theaters. I'll be frank, Star Wars just never was really my thing, to me it's great as a popcorn flick but that's about it. And I've heard great things about the original trilogy.

And for those of you that are butt-hurt about how the franchise had turned out, well I've been in a similar situation myself when the bullshit abomination of Alien vs. Predator came out, but that's because I had really fucking high expectations of things, only to realize they completely fucked things up all to quickly cash-in and milk the fucking franchises disregarding everything that came before it.

So the lesson here is ultimately NOTHING BEATS THE ORIGINALS, everything else, whether it's sequels, prequels, remakes, reboots or spin-offs are just mainly made for a wider audience in mind and primarily just to cash-in on a well established and well known franchise, so if you have really high expectations and don't want to become upset, angered or let down, just avoid it altogether, otherwise just take your chances with it, you might like it, or you may feel indifferent.

I'm gonna say this and I think some of y'all gonna hate me for sayin' it, but I did get some real good laughs with those silly rabbit penguin hybrid alien birds, called "Porgs". I kinda felt they were more interesting than the rest of the movie and stole the show, but that's just me.
Anybody else? Bumping once.

726

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest I’ve only ever seen one Star Wars movie and that was when I was a kid not a huge fan of Star Wars only the concept

• I was never exactly a "fan" either. I've learned not to hold my breath for sequels and reboots since they tend to be inferior compared to their original predecessors.

Most Helpful Guy

• "y'all gonna hate me for sayin' it, but I did get some real good laughs with those silly rabbit penguin hybrid alien birds, called "Porgs". I kinda felt they were more interesting than the rest of the movie and stole the show, but that's just me."

That's because the whole movie was literally just a commercial for porg toys. It's not a movie for any fans over the age of five. It was designed to create an army of about a billion kids worldwide who will make Bambi-eyes and ask their moms for porg shit. All the other characters took a backseat to that.

So get used to seeing those fuckin' things, because they're gonna be the next Furby and the next Tamagotchi combined.

"The full POWER, MAJESTY, and UNWAVERING IMPERIAL MIGHT of the DISNEY EMPIRE is behind this endeavor. Your children will will eat porg cereal and wear porg pajamas and you will fucking LOVE it like you love ANYTHING ELSE we shove down your throats you ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT PERPETUAL ADOLESCENTS!!!"
    -Mickey J. Mouse, Esq. God Emperor Emeritus Ad Infinitum MXCXVIIIIII

0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/.../...r-wars-6.jpg

www.pmslweb.com/.../...and-luke-skywalker-meme.png

i.pinimg.com/.../...s-stuff-star-wars-episodes.jpg