Any tips for someone trying to learn to draw?

I pretty much can only copy stuff. This pic was on a piece of printer paper, and I drew it by hand onto a giant piece of paper and it was put in a display thing to be hung up at my school.

I'm trying to motivate myself to draw. I used to love it when I was a little kid but it's been like 12 years since I last drew anything. I did this one for school and had a lot of fun. It's daunting though. There's so much to learn and while I have fun doing it, it can be overwhelming! And then I lose my motivation =(

Any tips on anything? Any wisdom at all would be great!Any tips for someone trying to learn to draw?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Your very good! I think you should become friends with people who are interested in drawing and draw together. Free lessons! I wanted to take art lessons but changed my mind when I realized they cost $50 a lesson!

Most Helpful Guy

• What they basically do in Art classes is put you, a sheet of paper and a pencil in front of a model or object. And there's literally a whole world full of objects right before your doorstep. Take down what fascinates you, look hard, try to find the reality. And when that's somewhat flowing you can use them Tricks of the Masters to make things even better. (Hint: reduction and abstraction can also be pointing out reality, so be free.)