Guardians of the Galaxy: Baby Groot, Groot reverted back to a child or is Groot's offspring?

So this may seem like a silly question but the movie is really unclear. It seemed as though a splinter of wood transformed into baby groot which would be more of a regression or rebirth than a creation of new life. What do you think? Is Baby Groot Groot's child or a rebirth?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Rebirth, if it was his offspring it would have been a seed from his tree pollinated with another Groot. Because it’s a cutting growing back into Groot it could be said that there could possibly be multiple Groots at any time

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Could be seen more as a clone, just how segments of plants can be removed, put into soil and are grown again.

1|1
    0|0
    • Indeed, this is how it happened. A small living fragment of a plant can still carry on if replanted. Only a small piece of Groot was around and started growing. Technically it is Groots DNA without his same mind. Good answer :P

• I think it's something of both. Like it's Groot but he doesn't have all his memories but only some of them. So, I say yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you take a part of a tree, cut it of and plant it, then its the same tree but smaller. A new tree needs to come from the seed of the tree. So its the groot, just smaller.

0|0
    0|0
  • The film maker specifically stated that Baby Groot is NOT the same as Big Groot. It's like any new tree grown from a shoot of an older tree.

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm. Lol. Reverted back to child. Because groot is a bachelor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rebirth bc it seems to have the same memories of groot

0|0
    0|0
  • Groot was reverted back to a twig

0|0
    0|0
  • Rebirth

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is more of a rebirth

0|0
    0|0
  • think it a rebirth and child

0|0
    0|0
    • true but he still acts like a child and they treat groot as such

• I am Groot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Regression
    Still the same Groot, seemed to have the same mind/memories

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It's a twig from Groot after exploding so it's still Groot but he doesn't remember what happened before he was baby groot

0|0
    0|0
  • it's rebirth, baby groot is still the original groot

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes