What is it about the blues that doesn't jive with you?

Pop, hip hop, rap, modern country, and heavy metal are the most popular genres of music nowadays. But why isn't the blues up there? What is it about the blues that prevents it from being so popular?
If Stevie Ray Vaughan were still alive, I think he may have kept the popularity of the blues up. His songs, lyrics, and beats (granted, he didn't write a lot of them, just covered a whole bunch) fit in so well with other modern songs.

So what is it about this music that doesn't sit with everyone? Yeah, I know, personal preference, to each their own blah blah blah. I understand it's personal preference. So why don't more people prefer this type of music?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it. Seems like everything is pop right now. Even country sounds are pop like. It’s just a faze that will pass. Maybe a new style will be invited!