Are you a movie critic or do watch movies just for the entertainment value?

I tend to be very open minded when it comes to movies. They don't need to obey the laws of physics/reality or be scientificly/historically accurate. In fact, I've learned that a lot of movies will have at least one or two things that don't make sense or don't really fit in the movie. How do you feel?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• A couple of illogical or not matching things in a movie, I'm okay with that though I used to be much stricter to label these movies as either another favorite or as a pre-favorite movie. I can overlook these things now or appreciate the kind of fantasy that's only possible in movies.

I like to however review movies in terms of expectations, how they made me feel, the soundtrack and the use of symbolism, language, patterns and light. Also I like to assess the characters to understand why they acted the way they did and what they went through. I do these things because I love movies and because I wanna take away as much as possible from a movie.

Most Helpful Guy

• I just watch for entertainment