Are you a movie critic or do watch movies just for the entertainment value?

I tend to be very open minded when it comes to movies. They don't need to obey the laws of physics/reality or be scientificly/historically accurate. In fact, I've learned that a lot of movies will have at least one or two things that don't make sense or don't really fit in the movie. How do you feel?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A couple of illogical or not matching things in a movie, I'm okay with that though I used to be much stricter to label these movies as either another favorite or as a pre-favorite movie. I can overlook these things now or appreciate the kind of fantasy that's only possible in movies.

I like to however review movies in terms of expectations, how they made me feel, the soundtrack and the use of symbolism, language, patterns and light. Also I like to assess the characters to understand why they acted the way they did and what they went through. I do these things because I love movies and because I wanna take away as much as possible from a movie.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I just watch for entertainment

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I'm a film student so I tend to be very critical even when I don't go in with that intention.

Bad editing especially just grates me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m both until it comes to horror movies. I’m the biggest critic for those

0|1
    0|0
  • I just watch them for entertainment

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I am a movie critic when watching horror films. For real.

0|1
    0|0
    • Dude same

• Show All
    • Yup. That doesn't make these any less enjoyable, at least for me. I still really like Alien.

• I love those movies too

• Im only a critic when the films terrible

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes