Movie at home or movie in a theatre - which is better?

As I’ve gotten older I like going to the theatre less and less. Now I’d prefer to chill on the couch (most of the time, anyway). What’s your preference? Seeing a movie at home on the comfy couch, or out at the theatre?
  • Movie at home or movie in a theatre - which is better??Home!
    Vote A
  • Movie at home or movie in a theatre - which is better??Theatre!
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• At home, no question about it. So many more benefits to watching a movie at home:
    - It's less crowded.
    - The movie is free.
    - The snacks might as well be free when compared to the cost of cinema-bought snacks.
    - I can eat as loudly and messily as I want.
    - I can eat anything that I want, without having to sneak it in.
    - I don't have to worry about disturbing anyone's viewing when I have to go to the bathroom.
    - I can take breaks, so that my butt doesn't get sore from sitting for 2+ hours.
    - No one will judge my appearance.
    - It's warmer (Maybe it's just me, but it always feels like every theatre I go into is kept at sub-Arctic temperatures).
    - I guarantee that even the crappiest chair at my house is more comfortable than a theatre seat.
    - I can have a blanket (or several) on me.
    - And last but not least: NO CRYING CHILDREN.

0|2
    0|0
    • Well thought-out response, and I agree with everything you said. Wanna see a movie with me? 😂

• Show All
    • @NineBreaker Well, I don't have children, so it applies to me. But, even if you have children, you can discipline your children, whereas you can't discipline someone else's.

• @Quintessence Haha awesome!! Light on the butter, please ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• I like both. At home I can cuddle with my girlfriend and we can wear as much or as little amount of clothes that we like if we wear clothes. We can eat whatever we want and not have to pay over priced amounts for food or sneak snacks in. Going to movie theater gets us out of the house and going somewhere.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I prefer staying home and watch movies.
    I can pee when I want to without missing the movie, snacks are much cheaper, I can wear my sweats if I want, i can drink a beer and or smoke a joint if I want

0|0
    0|0
  • Well for some wow movies I'd prefer theatre anytime... but home is quite a good option to chill and watch any damn movie with least expectation from it

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm... Usually home. I often get twitchy when watching movies.

I've never been able to just get absorbed into a movie. One of my friends is very different, she loves to just sit back and totally lose herself in the film... I've never been able to do that. My attention wanders. I want to talk about what's going on on-screen, or pay attention to filmmaking details, or composing reviews of the movie in my head. Or i just have the movie playing and half-paying attention while working on a drawing.

All that's much harder to do in a theatre. At the very least I need my hands to be occupied with something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer at home, it's cheaper, you don't have to wear anything nice or anything

0|0
    0|0
  • I like both. But maybe prefer theatre a bit more because at home I usually watch alone.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Watching home has its pros, of course. First of all, no need to go anywhere, you can eat, pause. These advantages are overwhelming sometimes the cinema sound and picture quality. But to get the good picture at home try to find the proper model of home projector. Here you can compare lots of models https://topchartex.com/

0|0
    0|0
  • In IMAX 3D in theatres or some other 3D version such as RealD3D whenever it is offered and is a possible alternative. I like the surround sound quality combined with picture quality on a massive screen and 3D effect, although it makes me wonder if eventually they'll make them 3D WITHOUT the need to use 3D glasses. Otherwise, if it's a straight to DVD or Blu-ray I'll watch it at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Home because the theater popcorn is crap but costs like $12... and you have to watch 30 minutes of commercials.

There are some better theater chains trying a more upscale approach tho: iPic, cinepolis, cinebistro

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on my mood, but probably more often at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Going to the theater is a better experience, but I’ll be damned if I’m paying $10 for a movie, $8 for popcorn and $6 for a small drink

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely home. Getting sucked off in the cinema is frowned upon.

0|1
    0|0
  • If the screening isn't busy, has people eating loudly or people talking, then I pick the cinema all day every day

0|0
    0|0
  • At home. But sometimes I can't wait and will go to the theatre.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it home but there some movies that i would love to see in theatre

0|0
    0|0
  • I like both. I miss the drive ins

1|0
    0|0
  • Theatre if it's a new movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheap drinks and popcorn

0|0
    0|0
  • in the theatre.. butter quality and sound

0|0
    0|0
  • Home!! Theater is too loud and too bright.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes