Movie at home or movie in a theatre - which is better?

As I’ve gotten older I like going to the theatre less and less. Now I’d prefer to chill on the couch (most of the time, anyway). What’s your preference? Seeing a movie at home on the comfy couch, or out at the theatre?
  • Movie at home or movie in a theatre - which is better??Home!
  • Movie at home or movie in a theatre - which is better??Theatre!

615

Most Helpful Girl

• At home, no question about it. So many more benefits to watching a movie at home:
    - It's less crowded.
    - The movie is free.
    - The snacks might as well be free when compared to the cost of cinema-bought snacks.
    - I can eat as loudly and messily as I want.
    - I can eat anything that I want, without having to sneak it in.
    - I don't have to worry about disturbing anyone's viewing when I have to go to the bathroom.
    - I can take breaks, so that my butt doesn't get sore from sitting for 2+ hours.
    - No one will judge my appearance.
    - It's warmer (Maybe it's just me, but it always feels like every theatre I go into is kept at sub-Arctic temperatures).
    - I guarantee that even the crappiest chair at my house is more comfortable than a theatre seat.
    - I can have a blanket (or several) on me.
    - And last but not least: NO CRYING CHILDREN.

• Well thought-out response, and I agree with everything you said. Wanna see a movie with me? 😂

• @NineBreaker Well, I don't have children, so it applies to me. But, even if you have children, you can discipline your children, whereas you can't discipline someone else's.

• @Quintessence Haha awesome!! Light on the butter, please ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• I like both. At home I can cuddle with my girlfriend and we can wear as much or as little amount of clothes that we like if we wear clothes. We can eat whatever we want and not have to pay over priced amounts for food or sneak snacks in. Going to movie theater gets us out of the house and going somewhere.