Who's your favourite villain among these in fictional novels? And why?

I would have to say that Sauron is my absolute favourite. I wish I could add more options though lol.
  • Who's your favourite villain among these in fictional novels? And why?Sauron
  • Who's your favourite villain among these in fictional novels? And why?Lord Voldemort
  • Who's your favourite villain among these in fictional novels? And why?Professor James Moriarty
    Vote C
  • Who's your favourite villain among these in fictional novels? And why?Count Dracula
    Vote D
  • Who's your favourite villain among these in fictional novels? And why?Hannibal Lecter
    Vote E
  • Who's your favourite villain among these in fictional novels? And why?Patrick Bateman
    Vote F
  • Who's your favourite villain among these in fictional novels? And why?Norman Bates
    Vote G

1311

Most Helpful Guy

• They're all brilliant in their own way. Some are geniuses, like Hannibal and Moriarty, and this makes them appealing in a unique way because they're evil and they can easily outsmart you and destroy you. But Sauron is just the most badass looking by far. And LOTR is an epic series of books and movies so that's hard to beat.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yup they're all brilliant in their own way! That's why it's hard to pick one lol. Sauron is the best not because he's the most badass looking but he's just the epitome of evil. No one has ever even seen him properly in either the books or movies but the fear he evokes in everyone is just amazing. He's all about the power and epicness.

And of course, LOTR is the best set of fantasy novels ever written. No one can beat Tolkien's genius work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sauron, hands down, no question about it.
    He's one of my favourite all-time villains in general, but he's def my main favourite literary villain.
    Why? He rules. :P (Literally and figuratively.) His power surpasses that of anybody else on this list. And if you've read The Silmarillion, you'd know that he's not a disembodied eyeball, but is actually a brilliant strategist, tactician, and psychologist.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have read bits of The Silmarillion but even without reading it you can tell that he's a a genius. He's just the epitome of evil and power. He's just so epic! 😍😍😍

• I've read Silmarillion's summary and I know that Sauron's rise to power has been described in it. How he overthrew his master, Morgoth, the first Dark Lord. I really wanted to see an adaptation of Silmarillion because I find Sauron's background story very interesting. But it's already been ruled out I think, apparently it would be too long 😑

I don't like how they've portrayed Sauron in the movies either. But I think the makers were quite constrained in that area because Sauron has only been described as a great big eye in LOTR by Tolkien. He has a body only in the Silmarillion which we won't get to see sadly 😕 Although they could've obviously done better than that pencil sharpener looking monster lol.

But I still think they were able to portray how he's a master of manipulation and the epitome of evil in the movies. I think only an adaptation of the Silmarillion can do his character justice.

• There's just too much going on in the LOTR and Hobbit movies to focus on Sauron.