Why do you think people dont read as much anymore?

Also do you prefer paper books or a Kindle?

63

Most Helpful Girl

• Reading requires imagination. What do most of the modern means of entertainment NOT require? Imagination.

We've transitioned from childhood fun times consisting of running around with friends, having imaginary sword-fights and lava-pit jumps to playing tabletop board games (which still require considerable imagination to run) to watching TV and playing video games (which require virtually no imagination, as all of the world-building and content is already established for you, and you needn't even 'picture' it).

• Also, I prefer paper books. Nothing can compete with the smell and feel of a real, handheld book.

Most Helpful Guy

• Access to information and how we retrieve information has a lot to do why we dont read as much.

I prefer Kindle because i review my textbooks through that app. It allows me to display the book on one monitor while I have my related assignment on another. If we have technology might as well use it to our advantage