Why do you think people dont read as much anymore?

Also do you prefer paper books or a Kindle?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Reading requires imagination. What do most of the modern means of entertainment NOT require? Imagination.

We've transitioned from childhood fun times consisting of running around with friends, having imaginary sword-fights and lava-pit jumps to playing tabletop board games (which still require considerable imagination to run) to watching TV and playing video games (which require virtually no imagination, as all of the world-building and content is already established for you, and you needn't even 'picture' it).

0|1
    0|0
    • Also, I prefer paper books. Nothing can compete with the smell and feel of a real, handheld book.

Most Helpful Guy

• Access to information and how we retrieve information has a lot to do why we dont read as much.

I prefer Kindle because i review my textbooks through that app. It allows me to display the book on one monitor while I have my related assignment on another. If we have technology might as well use it to our advantage

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• People just don't have the time or energy to try to sit and read a book anymore. Plus, its take much less effort to watch a movie so they woykd rather do that. Personally I much prefer the feel of an actual book in my hands, plus that new book smell is amazing 👌Can't get that from a Kindle

0|0
    0|0
  • People do read. They are glued to their phones which provide lots of reading material. Its arguably just shallow and lacks intricacy.

I read quite a lot. I love paper books, and have a massive collection at home. However, I'm traveling, so I use my Kindle out of convenience. I also loan books from the library.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who doesn't read? I have to read textbooks for class, but I love reading. I have over 700 books at home and I have about the same amount on my Kindle. I prefer real books.

0|0
    0|0
  • Books. I love the feel, esier to read and they still work if you get them wet.

0|0
    0|0
    • But kindles are now becoming waterproof... Also you can tear a paper book. I understand where you are coming from though

• I love to read, and I prefer paper books.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• People read now more than ever in human history because access is so much easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is that true or an opinion?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes