Why is it some artists such as Bob Seger, Garth Brooks or Def Leppard still refuse to release their music to streaming services like Spotify or Apple?

Is it about the money or are they the kind that would rather have people buy cds

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's easier for a mass group to illegally obtain one's music on sites like spotify I think.
    Plus I'd say it's easier to control your music making people purchase CDs.
    Not sure but that's my view.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess they may want it purchased on cd only still or they have an issue with copyrights when streaming. I have Def Leopard on cds from way back so I never needed to stream them, I have downloaded Bob Seger songs from iTunes and have on vinyl some other songs of his

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• They want more money, just greedy.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Because they have a monopoly.

Apple have a bad track record with music and that makes a lot of people mistrust them.

Plus I imagine they could manipulate plays to change royalties etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's always about the money. If they say it isn't they are lying. Platforms like itunes or pandora pay a pittance to the artists that fill their platforms.

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe Def Leppard has issues with their record label, which is preventing their music being streamed on Spotify and available for download on ITunes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know money I would say but even Led Zeppelin is on itunes and they keep their songs close.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares. You got Youtube. You git Youtube Downloader. You have Any video Converter. FREE MUSIC

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody wants to listen to them?

0|0
    0|0
  • i dk, i get my music from youtube.

0|1
    0|0
  • I got a Def Leppard song from iTunes!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes