So my school's winter musical is coming up in February and Im part of tech crew and the musical is Joseph and The Amazing Techicolor Dreamcoat?

What is this musical about? I've never heard about it So my school's winter musical is coming up in February and Im part of tech crew and the musical is Joseph and The Amazing Techicolor Dreamcoat?
I just realized I spelt Technicolor wrong my bad lol
I would like to know what i am going to be workin with for this musical

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a comical retelling of a story from the Bible. Namely the story about Joseph, son of Jacob. Who gets a multicolored coat from his father. His brothers are jealous so the beat him up and sell him into slavery... A bit much I know... I won't ruin the plot anymore lol. But that's the jist of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the Bible story of Joseph. The title gives you a fair amount of the story lol bit the short version is he has this coat with a shitton of colors he's super proud of. But his brothers hate him for having it so one day they trick him into going somewhere and he gets picked up by Egyptian slavers his brothers sold him to. His brothers also tell his dad he got mauled by an animal or something give him the tattered coat as "proof" He's originally sent to a guy called Potefar but then Poterfar's wife starts hitting on Joseph who is not into it but when she gets caught one day she's like "ew this weird guy won't leave me alone" so he's taken to be executed but somehow tells the Pharoh of a prophetic dream he has that somehow saves their food supplies and he becomes the pharoh's advisor and I don't remember the rest it's been a long time. But I had a show of it on VHS as a kid and I dig the set design a lot.