What if Green Day released their song "American Idiot' after Trump became President?

What would happen? How would people react? How would Trump react?

If a song like that was released in our country against our prime minister the singer would be missing the next day... oh wait he would be missing even before making the music video. We have no freedom of speech here and I envy Americans so much for how openly they can hate Trump. For us, even talking against our PM at home is dangerous.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• This album was a punk rock masterpiece... by far Green Day's best. Sorry I'm getting nostalgic lol.

1|1
    0|0
    • I was a kid then so ofc I listened to Green Day a lot lot later! I love this band.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was listening to this song again after a long time and couldn't help but to think how it all of sudden became relevant again. The lyrics can be applied better to Trump than Bush i believe. Same as with Holiday, which also has heavy political content.

I'm sorry you live in an oppressive regime. I know what's like, most people couldn't dream of the horrors that are committed daily in oppressed countries, yet it's the norm for the people suffering it. Stay strong.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• He'd probably write some whiny tweet and the vast majority of the world would laugh at him while blasting that song.

Great song by the way, I heard a lot of people playing that song around my university the day after he was elected and the day he was sworn in.

1|0
    0|0
  • The song actually would sound like it would support trump. In how it discusses America controlled by dishonest media.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well more than Trump, the idiots are the one's who chose him. Trump might be livid but, the people who voted for him should be.

2|0
    0|0
  • It'd probably be a shitty, non-punk song directly supporting the media in their hatred of Trump. In other words, the message would be entirely reverse.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean... Did Eminem not literally just do that multiple times lol? Either way, seems like Trump doesn't care at all. It's been done before to multiple presidents anyways.

1|0
    0|0
  • Shhh don't tell them that. Trump is supposed to be a dictator fascist, remember? You have to pretend we don't have freedom of speech or the narrative is a lie

0|0
    0|0
    • What kind of fascist promotes free speech lol
      That's the narrative they're pushing. The side that says the government should ban anything deemed "hate-speech" is on the side of justice, while the side saying we should allow people to speak their minds is the side of hatred and control. It's topsy-turvy to say the least

• He probably wouldn't openly react, the song wouldn't have much of an effect on its own but acknowledging it would be a mistake on his part

1|0
    0|0
  • Americans have free speech you would only see keyboard warriors strapping up to ride headfirst into battle

1|0
    0|0
  • Well that's why America has progressed so much right?

1|0
    0|0
  • they released that after bush became president so republicans threw a hissy

1|0
    0|0
  • I would make that my ringtone

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing would happen

1|0
    0|0
  • It would still be a kick ass song.

1|1
    0|0
  • I envy America, they have free speech.

1|0
    0|0
  • Which country are u from?

0|0
    0|0
  • What if Green Day didn't suck?

0|1
    0|1
  • Them and their career would be fucked

0|0
    0|0
  • trump is bush, on drugs

0|0
    0|0
  • Free speech who cares

0|0
    0|0
  • Your English is good, i agree.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Well, they released some political songs just this past year, like “Back in the USA”.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well American Idiot was about Bush who also sucked but shit I'd still take him back over the orange warmonger.

Punk has always been a political genre, Green Day have always been very political and that you have to even ask this shows a real bad case of missingthepoint-itis

1|0
    0|0
  • I love that song

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that would have been “perfect timing” lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes