What if Green Day released their song "American Idiot' after Trump became President?

What would happen? How would people react? How would Trump react?

If a song like that was released in our country against our prime minister the singer would be missing the next day... oh wait he would be missing even before making the music video. We have no freedom of speech here and I envy Americans so much for how openly they can hate Trump. For us, even talking against our PM at home is dangerous.

521

Most Helpful Guy

• This album was a punk rock masterpiece... by far Green Day's best. Sorry I'm getting nostalgic lol.

• I was a kid then so ofc I listened to Green Day a lot lot later! I love this band.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was listening to this song again after a long time and couldn't help but to think how it all of sudden became relevant again. The lyrics can be applied better to Trump than Bush i believe. Same as with Holiday, which also has heavy political content.

I'm sorry you live in an oppressive regime. I know what's like, most people couldn't dream of the horrors that are committed daily in oppressed countries, yet it's the norm for the people suffering it. Stay strong.