What was the first movie you remember seeing that scared you?

For me it was Jurassic Park. It was pretty new on VHS, so I was like 4 years old. I only saw the beginning of the movie with the rustling leaves and the guy getting dragged in the cage, and it scared me so bad.

I ended up loving everything dinosaurs and monsters though.

68

Most Helpful Guy

• While I'm still trying to remember the movie that scared, here's the first thing I can remember scaring me altogether. Mörkö from Moomins tv show
    images.cdn.yle.fi/.../13-3-6895004.jpg

Ahh! Might have been What Lies Beneath.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a Finnish movie about a troll called Rölli and a garbage monster. I can't remember the title of the movie. The garbage monster still scares the shit out of me, though.

• If we're talking Finnish/Nordic children's movies/series, I remember a lot of my friends were scared of what's-her-name in Moomin. You know, big purple ghost like figure that froze everything around her (I don't know her Finnish or English name). I just felt sorry for her, because she just wanted friends 😂

• Mörkö? She is pretty fucking creepy cause she doesn't talk. But I also get the devastatingly sad part of her being left alone just because she has a tendency to freeze things.

• We call her Hufsa in Norwegian, so I have no idea. Yeah, I get why people find her creepy.