What was the first movie you remember seeing that scared you?

For me it was Jurassic Park. It was pretty new on VHS, so I was like 4 years old. I only saw the beginning of the movie with the rustling leaves and the guy getting dragged in the cage, and it scared me so bad.

I ended up loving everything dinosaurs and monsters though.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• While I'm still trying to remember the movie that scared, here's the first thing I can remember scaring me altogether. Mörkö from Moomins tv show
    images.cdn.yle.fi/.../13-3-6895004.jpg

Ahh! Might have been What Lies Beneath.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a Finnish movie about a troll called Rölli and a garbage monster. I can't remember the title of the movie. The garbage monster still scares the shit out of me, though.

0|0
    0|0
    • If we're talking Finnish/Nordic children's movies/series, I remember a lot of my friends were scared of what's-her-name in Moomin. You know, big purple ghost like figure that froze everything around her (I don't know her Finnish or English name). I just felt sorry for her, because she just wanted friends 😂

• Mörkö? She is pretty fucking creepy cause she doesn't talk. But I also get the devastatingly sad part of her being left alone just because she has a tendency to freeze things.

• We call her Hufsa in Norwegian, so I have no idea. Yeah, I get why people find her creepy.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I don't remember what it was called. I only vaguely remember the premise, or maybe not at all because I've tried many times to search for it by plot description and always fail. I really want to see it again to see if it stood the test of time. I'm not easily scared now, at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spy Kids scared the living hell out of me with all those mutated people and the thumb soldiers

0|0
    0|0
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street.
    I was too young. Poor Johnny Depp.

0|0
    0|0
  • Exorcist

0|0
    0|0
  • Last house on the left

0|0
    0|0
  • Thirteen Ghosts I think

0|0
    0|0
  • Freddy

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• At 3 years old I loved horror movies, especially It. My gramma was a horror addict, and we always watched scary movies together. I wasn't afraid of scary movies. That is, until I saw this one with a demon baby looking creature jumping off of a shower head and eating a showering woman. Even then I was only really afraid to shower, I took baths until I was 12 because of it lmao.

0|0
    0|0
  • The first I can remember was the live action Grinch movie. Jim Carey's makeup in that was so unsettling to me. I had to hide in the hallway of the theater.

0|0
    0|0
  • War of the world, I was probably 8 when I watched it the first time and it gave me nightmares

0|0
    0|0
  • Little Monsters. It's not even remotely scary, and it's honestly really cheesy. I think I was around 4.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably Thirteen Ghosts

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes