Does anyone else find the Gilded Age fascinating?

The Gilded Age lasted from 1870-1900 and was characterized by extreme opulence among the lifestyles of the upper class. Edith Wharton's classic novel The Age of Innocence is probably the epitome of Gilded Age high society. I find this period visually and intellectually fascinating.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• To tell you the truth, I believe this is where the US went downhill in terms of how the Banks really OWN the US and the inequality differences. But you get the good with the bad...

• What do you think about the war between Andrew Jackson and Nicholas Biddle in the 1830s? Do you see it as a high water mark for populism in the U. S?

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds quite interesting