Would you ride a dinosaur to work?

Okay so one of the Jurassic Park movies was on tv and I started thinking about what we’d do with a bunch of dinosaurs.

Like... we have this whole park with all this genetic and dna research and these giant animals that need to eat tons and tons and TONS of food yeah? Well, how are you going to afford all that food? Will you have some like research and patents to pay for all that food or land or?

But it what if you tinkered a little and helped evolution along and domesticated dinosaurs!!! Think of all the cool things you could do with them!!

Would you ride a dinosaur to work?
We could use dinosaurs instead of trucks and buses! We could use them instead of heavy machinery like the Flintstones!

And yeah we we would have an increased food demand, but I think it would be offset by the reduction in pollution and we could even use their waste as fertilizer. I just think it’s a super fun idea 😂😂😂

What do you all think? Would you be up for the dinosaur life?
  • HECK YES!!!
  • Hahahahahha no
  • Maaaaaybe?
    Vote C

625

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems a bit inconvenient ;-). One species of dinosaur that would work well as a means of transportation at first sight is the Triceratops. They're herbivores, they're big (you won't fall of easily), but not too big (they don't destroy the roads), they even look kinda cute. However, unfortunately it turns out their average speed was about 10 km/h (6 mph) with a maximum speed of 32 km/h (20 mph). This means my way to uni would take about 3.5 hours - and another 3.5 hours to go back home.

Now you might say: why not just pick a faster dinosaur? The problem with this is that "Jurassic Park" has given us some false impressions. In reality, most dinosaurs were actually pretty slow and relaxed about getting somewhere. Remember that scene in the first sequel where a T-Rey is chasing a Jeep at full speed and almost manages to bite off the head of the guy who sits in the backseat? Well, in fact a T-Rex's maximum speed was somewhere around 20 km/h (13 mph). In other words: they could have literally escaped on bicycles.
    There were a few dinos that could run pretty fast. The speediest of all was probably the so-called Concavenator with a top speed of about 60 km/h (37 mph). Unfortunately, this guy was a carnivore and looked like a large version of a velociraptor - not exactly an easy pet to tame.

As for other types of jobs... I think I'll stick with machines. We can (and should) make them powered by renewable energy to make them environmentally friendly.

However, what I WOULD love to do once in a while is ride around on a horse medieval-style. I think that'd be pretty cool and a lot of fun. In my country, you can't really do that because it's simply too densely populated and there aren't any large areas of "empty" nature (and you're not allowed to ride your horse on a street with traffic). But since I was a teenager, I've had this long-held dream of buying or renting a horse one day and riding across the U. S.. Just as an experiment. I think it would be a wonderful and very unique experience :-).

• Ah that sounds amazing! Maybe you could start in a less densely populated European country and work up to a long distance trip?

These are very unfortunate realities. Bummmmmer :/

• I just feel like America and horseback riding go together like peas and carrots :-).

• LMFAO I’m sure you could find a travel group doing it as well so you wouldn’t have to think about food etc...

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like how much you've thought about the pros and cons of this. I absolutely would ride a dinosaur to work if I felt it didn't hurt them. I would be equally concerned about making sure they were loved and not a slave species to a certain extent. But I mean... they do have that tough skin and I bet if they were domesticated it would be so cute to love them... like a giant turtle smile. XD

• Oh yeah I wouldn’t want them to be unhappy at all. Like you know how working dogs are always happy? It would be cool if it was fun for them too. I don't know if that would be possible but it’s cool to think about!