Would you ride a dinosaur to work?

Okay so one of the Jurassic Park movies was on tv and I started thinking about what we’d do with a bunch of dinosaurs.

Like... we have this whole park with all this genetic and dna research and these giant animals that need to eat tons and tons and TONS of food yeah? Well, how are you going to afford all that food? Will you have some like research and patents to pay for all that food or land or?

But it what if you tinkered a little and helped evolution along and domesticated dinosaurs!!! Think of all the cool things you could do with them!!

Would you ride a dinosaur to work?
We could use dinosaurs instead of trucks and buses! We could use them instead of heavy machinery like the Flintstones!

And yeah we we would have an increased food demand, but I think it would be offset by the reduction in pollution and we could even use their waste as fertilizer. I just think it’s a super fun idea 😂😂😂

What do you all think? Would you be up for the dinosaur life?
  • HECK YES!!!
    Vote A
  • Hahahahahha no
    Vote B
  • Maaaaaybe?
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems a bit inconvenient ;-). One species of dinosaur that would work well as a means of transportation at first sight is the Triceratops. They're herbivores, they're big (you won't fall of easily), but not too big (they don't destroy the roads), they even look kinda cute. However, unfortunately it turns out their average speed was about 10 km/h (6 mph) with a maximum speed of 32 km/h (20 mph). This means my way to uni would take about 3.5 hours - and another 3.5 hours to go back home.

Now you might say: why not just pick a faster dinosaur? The problem with this is that "Jurassic Park" has given us some false impressions. In reality, most dinosaurs were actually pretty slow and relaxed about getting somewhere. Remember that scene in the first sequel where a T-Rey is chasing a Jeep at full speed and almost manages to bite off the head of the guy who sits in the backseat? Well, in fact a T-Rex's maximum speed was somewhere around 20 km/h (13 mph). In other words: they could have literally escaped on bicycles.
    There were a few dinos that could run pretty fast. The speediest of all was probably the so-called Concavenator with a top speed of about 60 km/h (37 mph). Unfortunately, this guy was a carnivore and looked like a large version of a velociraptor - not exactly an easy pet to tame.

As for other types of jobs... I think I'll stick with machines. We can (and should) make them powered by renewable energy to make them environmentally friendly.

However, what I WOULD love to do once in a while is ride around on a horse medieval-style. I think that'd be pretty cool and a lot of fun. In my country, you can't really do that because it's simply too densely populated and there aren't any large areas of "empty" nature (and you're not allowed to ride your horse on a street with traffic). But since I was a teenager, I've had this long-held dream of buying or renting a horse one day and riding across the U. S.. Just as an experiment. I think it would be a wonderful and very unique experience :-).

1|1
    0|0
    • Ah that sounds amazing! Maybe you could start in a less densely populated European country and work up to a long distance trip?

These are very unfortunate realities. Bummmmmer :/

• Show All
    • I just feel like America and horseback riding go together like peas and carrots :-).

• LMFAO I’m sure you could find a travel group doing it as well so you wouldn’t have to think about food etc...

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like how much you've thought about the pros and cons of this. I absolutely would ride a dinosaur to work if I felt it didn't hurt them. I would be equally concerned about making sure they were loved and not a slave species to a certain extent. But I mean... they do have that tough skin and I bet if they were domesticated it would be so cute to love them... like a giant turtle smile. XD

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh yeah I wouldn’t want them to be unhappy at all. Like you know how working dogs are always happy? It would be cool if it was fun for them too. I don't know if that would be possible but it’s cool to think about!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• That would be fun, I would love to fly on a pterodactyl

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I doubt dinosaurs could be domesticated, or even if they were they would be waay to expensive to keep to be worth it.

But if it was possible it would be fun! Imagine riding a triceratops or coming home to your pet velociraptor.

1|0
    0|0
  • www.trueachievements.com/customimages/070632.jpg
    Probably something like this for war.
    Dinosaur Calvary!

1|0
    0|0
  • Very fun idea! But I'd rather focus on environmentally friendlier technology rather than animal abuse. 😛

1|0
    0|0
    • Well it doesn’t have to be animal abuse. Like you know how working dogs HAVE to have a job and cats need to have something to stalk and/or hunt for them to be happy? Ideally we’d bebable to do that for the dinosaurs too :)

• It would more healthy world specially if you pay your money to grow their food instead of extracting oil and coal
    But how it would like if they're used for war?

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh my goodness I didn’t even think of that :/

I would hope we would be at the point where they wouldn’t be used but I assume they’d be used for troop and supply transport and calvery :/

• I would ride my ass to work on a velocoraptor while eating brontosaurus burgers!!

2|0
    0|0
    • LMFAO Not a brontosaurus steak and eggs?

• Brontosaurus eggs are a bit too high in fat for my diet. Brontosaurus eggs whites however are ok.

You really gotta balance your protein to fat intake you know?

• That’s very practical and health conscious

• Im flying a tetradactyl to everywhere then do a super hero landing at my destinations

1|0
    0|0
  • Velociraptors would definitely take the heat off pitbulls.

1|1
    0|0
    • Awwww I wish there was a way no animal was stigmatized

• It is what it is. Some people don't want to be educated. Can't fix stoopid.

• Very true. I think that’s part of the reason shows like Pitbulls and Parolees are so great

• We’d be extinct. Meat eaters would eat us, large plant eaters would destroy buildings

1|0
    0|0
    • Wouldn’t that issue be solved by domestication?

• Show All
    • None of those are big enough to destroy buildings and they don’t eat meat.

• Cows can destroy buildings XD

Dang. You have me on the carnivore part :/

• Yes assuming they could be tamed in such a way that they would be rendered safe

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and I'd wreck havoc on people who disobeyed the laws of traffic

1|0
    0|0
  • heck yes , i like preventing carbon dioxide into the air <3

1|0
    0|0
  • Is that picture from Dinotopia? One of my favorite books as a kid. But also KECK YES!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I don't have my dinosaur license

2|0
    0|0
    • I bet you could obtain one if you hire a tutor.

Do you think you’d be a student driver or a student rider? XD

• Show All
    • Nope, the U. S. also uses "learner permits".
      Also, they don't require licenses to ride horses, so hopefully they won't require them for dinosaurs.

• @Chaz269 dinosaurs are a LOT bigger than horses to be fair XD

• No cause it would be too slow.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd ride a velociraptor, if you could tame them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to eat a dinosaur.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, not my cup of tea.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not very fuel efficient

1|0
    0|0
    • Ooooo id be really interested in figuring that out.

• Show All
    • Hmmmm that would be a LOT

• yeah, I'm not so sure I wanna ride a dinosaur to work now lol

• Be freaking awesome to ride one. Yabba dabba do!

1|0
    0|0
    • Wouldn’t it!!! I’d be a little worried about street weight limits and motion sickness but it would be SO worth it!

• Yess a t rex with twin spark engine 😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • ... if I had a dinosaur I wouldn’t work...

1|0
    0|0
    • What if everyone had a dinosaur or if everyone had access to public dinosaur transportation?

• Yassss😛

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

Recommended myTakes