What’s your favorite book/movie? and why did it speak to you so much?

1419

Most Helpful Guy

• 1984, by Orwell (the book!) why? those last sentences are scary

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache.
    O cruel, needless misunderstanding!
    O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast!
    Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished.

He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

You can read the book online here: http://www.george-orwell.org/1984/0.html

(or download it at www.Gutenberg.org )
    Don't miss the whole chapter about Newspeak.
    www.openculture.com/.../...how-newspeak-works.html

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m obsessed with the Harry Potter series because I just love the story and the fantasy behind it all. I like reading about the wizarding world and I escape from reality for a little bit anytime I read something HP, watch the movies, or go to Diagon Alley/ Hogsmead at Universal Studios.

I just got the Song of Ice and Fire book series by George RR Martin, so I’m looking forward to reading that because I love the show so much.

Also, I loved the movie The Book Thief, but I never read the book. I just recently picked a copy up from a thrift store, so I’m excited to read that as well.