Is modern art real art?

• Yes duh!
  • No duh!
  • Which modern art?
    Vote C
  • I'm not a nerd so i don't care.
    Vote D

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's really art, just like post-modernism. Some of it may be crap, but it's still art.

• Reminds me of my high school art teacher; he'd get mad if you told him that modern art sucks, lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Modern art is pretty stupid. The popularity of modern art I assume you're referring to is based solely on luck which makes it unfair to real artists.

"Hey guys I build a tower of sponges in a day!" < instant millionaire

"Hey look, I wrote my name on these famous paintings of the renaissance era" <instant millionaire

*spends weeks on an amazing single piece of art* <doesn't earn any money.

Apart from that, modern art doesn't really inspire thought anymore other than graffiti artists. Also people have forgotten how to paint. People are focused more on drawing now. You never see any realistic paint portraits anymore like rembrandt could do.