What do people think of medieval music?

I'm a keen follower of medieval music and I really think its a beautiful work of art. I even have an A- style mandolin tuned approximately to a cittern and a 4-course lute. Yes, I play medieval music. What are your thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 5

• All music types can be interesting. I range from classic to metal. It gets even more interesting when you combine. Check out 'In Extremo'. For example their title 'Ave Maria'

0|1
    0|0
  • Well... If you mean actual, historical medieval music... No, sorry.
    If you mean modern-day composers of fantasy medieval music like Derek and Brandon Fiechter, Adrian von Ziegler, Peter Crowley and Antti Martikaanen, FUCK YEAH!! :D

0|0
    0|0
  • It's amazing. I often use it as background music when I do homework or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Cool. Are you involved with the SCA?

0|0
    0|0
    • What is the SCA?

• The Society for Creative Anachronism. It’s a worldwide society that recreates the arts and lifestyles of the past, sort of like a Renaissance Fest, only much more involved. There’s a lot of emphasis on medieval fighting, but the Arts are becoming a big part of it, too. You should check it out. It’d be a cool outlet for your music, and you could probably find other musicians with similar interests as well

• Thats great! Sad truth is I'm from India. I play mostly European medieval music. I'm also just an amateur musician. So yes, a follower from India!

• I listen to it mainly while studying Latin

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes