Why aren't there many black metal/rock singers?

There are quite a few old rock and roll ones, such as Chuck Berry, but the only more modern black metal/rock singer I can think of is the singer of Living Colour.

Why aren't there any? Could it be cultural?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Something there aren't many black country singers. White folks don't want them there.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all about the money money money. Metal is so frowned upon, globally, that it saddens me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's not in here England, with such a rock heavy history we all love rock so when people like heavier metal, no one cares.

My almost 60 year old doctor dad still blasts sex pistols and the clash :P

• Mainstream still dislikes it. Pop music has the name popular for a reason.