What horror films have actually scared you?

There's a lot of lists about the scariest horror films, but I feel that many of the people who make these lists confuse best horror films with scariest. It's not the same thing. I'm personally not scared by The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street or 2001: A Space Odyssey for example, but they're among the best.

Horror films that actually scare me are few and far between.

What are the horror films that truly made you frightened?

3117

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you watched Rec and The Tunnel? I watched them in the dark with just my headphones while everybody in the house were asleep. Scared tf out of me

• Rec wasn't that bad, but The Tunnel.. that really sent shivers down my spine.

• @Lava_ yes you go girl :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I love the subject of this. I totally agree that horror movie being great has nothing to do with it being scary or not. Often even the lists with titles like "the best truly scary horror movies" end up listing great but non-scary movies. At least for the most part.

There has probably been many more but these came to my mind on top of my head: The Visit (2015), The Orphanage (2007), Ringu (1998), the hollywood remake wasn't as scary as the original one. Paranormal Activity 1 & 2, Oculus (2013)

• The Visit is definitely high on my list. What a comeback from Shyamalan.. It feels so real, because it doesn't go too far into supernatural.