If someone judged you solely based on your taste in music, what would they think about you?

Let's say that a curious stranger stumbles upon your music gallery and decides to scroll through it. What kind of person would they be picturing in their head by the time they're finished snooping through your music?

1839

Most Helpful Guy

• They would think that I have a severe case of schizophrenia or that I'm simply messing with them.

First they would be rather unsurprised hearing random hits from the 80s and the 90s. (Jackson, Bowie, Queen, Laura Branigan)
    But then my playlist would hit them with the rubber ducky song, followed by orchestra of Edvard Grieg, a bunch of mind-numbing K-pop, the Pokemon theme song and finally some symphonic metal by Within Temptation and the Lucifer TV show OST.

I don't really have any genre I like.
    If it sounds nice I will listen to it.

• Haha, I suppose we're both schizophrenics, then. The content on my playlist ranges from the main hits of the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic periods to everything from the Jazz Era to the full soundtrack of Shrek 1 and 2 to random throw-ins such as the Gummy Bear Song and Crazy Frog.

• The Gummy Bear song, aah quite.
      The signature of us refined folks, I would expect nothing less of you.

I had a phase where I went to the official gummy bear channel and started listening to all the regional variants of the song.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 38

• Someone from the 40s and 50s who has an obsession with Nat King Cole

• Well, they'd think I'm weird. My taste is very diverse, it ranges from rock from the 70s to modern stuff from all over the world. Some classics are thrown in there, some absolute bollocks (tunak tunak tun, the seventh element) and some very odd stuff (medieval stuff). Then there are the more civilized things like Coldplay, Luther Vandross but then that's countered with the single biggest abomination known to mankind, Koningslied. It would also be hard to understand why half my playlist is Hebrew, other English, with some German, Dutch, French, Russian and Punjabi thrown in there.

• Old school, but with a dash of indie spirit.

• A 13 year old foreign teen girl...

• I listen to punk, metal, and horror soundtracks so they probably would picture something like Sid from Toy Story. LOL.

• That i'm 20 years older than i am.

80's music is just <3

• I mainly listen to classical

• That probably I am doing drugs. Since I like listen to Eloy, Pink Floyd, Genesis, King Crimson, Camel, Rush...

• They would be able to tell that i was born in 1968
    cause of all the 70's music i listen to and some music
    from the late 50's , 60's that my mom listen to, from us kids
    hung around my mom a lot.

• They'll get goosebumps based on whatever they listen in my playlist. I have some rock, rap rock, nu metal and all that high rise songs.
    Can't say what they'll think about me but, they'll realise, they have been hearing shit until then.

• I am a stoner. hehehe! Which I am not. I listen to Electric Moon, Electric Octopus, and Stoned Jesus. Great hard rock, really.

• Nerrrdd

• Theyโ€™d probably think I do a bunch of drugs and/or I go real hard and/or Iโ€™m a huge pansy

• They would probably think I came from the 1970's and never left

• 'Likes to party' which is a true statement

• I listen to everything except country and modern rap music, I'm not sure what kind of conclusion someone would get when they go from hearing symphonic metal to Slipknot and then to hearing some r&b.

• That I'm trash. :) No I like EDM/POP/ punk/ indie/country.

Favorite artists:.

Thomas Rhett
    Axwell
    Avicii
    Martin Garrix
    Ingrosso
    Neon trees
    Dnce
    Of mice and men
    Kshmr
    Green day
    U2 ( only 1 song by them)
    Paramore
    Acdc
    So you be the judge...

• They'd probably think I'm much older than I am.

• They propably would take a few days because of so many artists and songs they don't know and have to listen to, but at the end they would propably be even more confused than before.

• Teenage girl or street thug or a person that does a lot of acid

• i met this guy on a trip and I let him listen some of my tracks he said that my music was sad. You can conclude yourself

• Old.

• Militaristic communist

• Retro English songs

• That I am best put back in that box , locked away and never spoken nor thought of again.

• They would think I'm a very serious person more than anythiing

• Confused

• They would be confused, or they would think that you are confused?

• They would be completely lost. I have stuff from the 70s 80s 90s 2000s, and 2017 in my phone.

• That I'm the most random person they've ever seen

• that im fucked up

• That I'm the opposite of what they think.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 17

• They might think I'm multiple different people ๐Ÿ˜‚ My music taste is so fluid that you'd honestly never think it's all one person's preference.

m.youtube.com/playlist

This is my current YouTube playlist! It's all of my current jams all in one spot! You'll see how it'll switch from a rock song to a Mozart real quick ๐Ÿ˜‚ And then from Mozart to techno, and then from that to ambient or some calm and pretty piano music haha.
    My taste is really fluid.. But I'm always one for lyrics, a story, and especially how the music itself sounds! If the lyrics are absolutely horrible and completely meaningless, I most likely wouldn't listen to it unless it has an *amazing* beat to make up for the slack in lyrics.
    The first song in my playlist never fails to get me hype, though! I love that song to bits!
    Nonetheless! Whoever listens to my playlists would definitely find be an interesting and quirky person. You can flip through it if you'd like! In general, however, I have a favoritism towards rock songs! The very first few songs and the last couple of songs on my playlist are my favorite spots currently ๐Ÿ˜
    Nice question!

• They would think I'm a well-rounded open-minded individual with a fine appreciation for all kinds of music and styles. They'd also probably think I'm depressed because I've been told by @disgustingweebtrash that some of the music I listen to is very depressing so *shrug*

• Considering my tastes are so diverse i don't know what they'd think.. i love music and many different genres, i have slipknot (heavy metal) to Josh Groban (opera) lol, so i don't know what assumption they'd come to.

• You are well cultured is what I think ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Haha, I'm the same way! Maybe they would think that we suffer from multiple personalities or an identity crisis. XD

• Lol yes! :D its good to have a mix though, never really understand how some people only seem to listen to one category of music and thats it.

• that I'm Christian, deep, alone, think a lot, and am slightly emo or misunderstood or feel that way anyways. i have a lot of NF, and other artists that have a lot of strong expressive lyrics, and then just regular praise songs or life songs with Christian influences.

• Pretentious, angry pachouli hippie that got caught between the computerised and real world.

• Emotionaly unstable. My music just changes like crazy. First a party song, then suddenly a song that will make anyone cry so much they don't have any tears left to spear. Haha. But mostly maybe "a hype person that sometimes like to take a chill pill" (I dunno wtf XD)

• That I am probably some ripped girl who can benchpress 150lbs..

In reality I am probably one of the skinniest girls you have ever met ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I'm weird. Way too much Fiona Apple, Jeff Buckley, and Radiohead.
    Or if they catch me in a different mood, that I like old things bc of Aretha Franklin, Earth Wind and Fire, and Sam Cooke.

• A very old-fashioned girl who wears long flower-print dresses (not at all accurate, btw).

• That's why I never show my music

• I donโ€™t know. Itโ€™s multifarious.

• Someone who likes electronic

• I have no ideal!

• That I like to dance

• That I am a crazy rebel and they would be right.

• This girl is a completely ancient weirdo who lives in her dreamworld/ disconnected with reality.

• They'll think damn this woman knows what's up