Thoughts on Nintendo's new announcement Labo?

Personally looks like expensive gimmicky shit with what look like mobile apps being the main function, stick to stuff like mario odyssey is my two cents.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahahha. How funny. I actually thought it was a YouTuber with tons of patience creating out of cardboard box. I honestly think it's cheaper to just buy a big cardboard box and make it to whatever you.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• It looks cool, but honestly, kinda cheap. They'd probably get destroyed quickly, and they probably don't work all that well for very long before needing a new one. How much does it cost? It looks like it'd be tough to store; kind of a dust catcher, though that depends on that person's organizational skills.

For me, I have an old gameboy. (My second one) I keep it in a small bin built for it. It was compact, easy to store. I have three containers for it. One for the game boy, a smaller one for traveling... and one for a LOT of games. I keep all three on one little shelf in the closet. And I still play with it.

The Wii, I have the Wii by the tv, and most of the disks in their "DVD" cases, with the controllers, in a clear bin. The bin fits just about everything nicely. Keeps most of it in one place.

So once you buy these things, do you have to buy a couple so that you can remake them? Where do you put them? Like this stuff might fit a row of shelves in my closet if I got rid of everything else, and only bought a few of these things.

Now, if I bought a switch, which I'm cautious about anyway (had a lot of good moments with the Wii, but it's less fun now because my controllers are constantly draining batteries, and it's impossible to find new controllers, or decent games any more... and will they do the same with the switch? Cut out half the services within two years, etc?, then I might look at one or two of these...

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 21

• Gimmicky as always. Basic and effective are always best. There is a reason why the Gameboy is still the highest selling game device developed by Nintendo.

Every single time I have bought into one of these gimmicks, it was awesome at first but ended up getting shelved shortly after. Nothing beats the gamepad controller or arcade stick gameplay that has been the standard for over 2 decades.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an amazing idea that has my inner-kid excited, but I have a feeling that it just won't be worth it. Even if you spend that $80 or whatever to get that robot one for instance, we all know it's not even going to be a full game. You're gonna screw around with it for like 30-60 minutes and then shelve it. There's not going to be some intriguing story or long levels. There's no way you'll have the length of a normal game, and those only cost you 50 bucks

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't they learn? No one likes to buy accessories that you can only use for 1-2 games. Yeah they're made of cardboard so they won't be that expensive but still it doesn't look sturdy at all. But maybe I am a bit too sceptical, the construction looks at least someone fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well being that I'm too young to play with this I won't judge it. But what I will say is that I believe that children will have fun with it... I also thing children will have fun destroying it. Just glad they found something to do with those Wii U boxes.

0|0
    0|0
  • In theory it looks awesome but it more so matterrs how well it works in practice. I'll wait and see how it turns out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't buy it but for kids I think its pretty awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • so now we're stooping to buying sheets of charboard for 100$ or something
    wow lol...

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks interesting. I think it will start out as a fun novelty and then people will begin to become bored with it once the novelty wears off.

0|0
    0|0
  • new project of nintendo? i can smell the failure over here

0|0
    0|0
  • Nintendo should have died a long time ago, well before the switch.

0|0
    1|1
  • interesting

1|0
    0|0
    • If that's interesting to you then your soy intake is too high

• Nope... that's it just nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Nintendo's shit, who cares

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay? I don't like that. For real.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks amazing

0|0
    0|0
  • Super Mario

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a pretty awesome idea

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get what you don't like about it. The Augmented Reality part is probably gonna be amazing with this

0|0
    0|0
  • Retarded

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes