What's the name of this instrument?

Updates:
That said, I have just discovered this:
https://asoftmurmur.com/
Thanks all for answering my question.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It's called a Hang or Hanghang (plural). The origin is Switzerland.

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you know how I know the name of the instrument? I googled 'spaceship musical instrument' lol XD

• Show All
    • You're welcome! Thank you very much for selecting me as the Most Helpful Girl XD

And wait... are we supposed to guess the name of the instrument, not google it? If so, I'm very sorry for googling for the answer ^^:;

• No! I just wanted to know its name!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's called a bell drum/ a hang.

They were developed by two separate (bell drum and hang) people who wanted to make an instrument similar to a steelpan but with more interesting harmonic sounds.

That looks like a hang and I believe it was invented by a Swiss couple.

People say that they are incredibly beautiful to listen to in person.

0|1
    0|0
    • I also wanted to know how a steel pan was called, and how it looked. I heard it in some songs, and I didn't know how it looked like.

So thank you :)

• Sometimes when you go to Manhattan, there's people who play them on the streets. Usually some Jamaican dude who's obviously on a lot of weed.

• Actually I have been in Manhattan, but it seems that not long enough!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 6

• I’m not sure, I thought it was a mini flying saucer but after browsing the web for modern instruments, I found out it is called a “Hang” that is no longer made. Now they are making something called a gubal https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FmRtF1rIuSQ

0|1
    0|0
  • amazing video...
    I actually listened to it 3 times already before writing you cause it was too soothing to stop and write lol... but here I am
    going on my forth

it's called a hang instrument
    good one :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Not until I looked it up, Hang for one, Hanghang for more. Have you played it?

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a variation of steel drum or 'pan' played in the Carribean, mainly Trinidad. Apparently some Swiss couple developed this in the year 2000 but it's based on the Carribean steelpan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hangpan. (hang drum)
    I always wanted one but they are incredibly expensive for what they are.

0|1
    0|0
  • That’s the classic 80s Fender Bass guitar

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes