Whats your view on body image involvimg the media?

Lots of people believe that magazines or movies can negatively affect someone's self confidence. Do you agree or do you think the media isn't the thing behind this?

210

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm difficult one. Humans are sexual driven entities. So the media is using that for economic reasons cause humans will buy it.

The models are chosen because most of the time they do have a body what most man or women feel attracted to.

However just realize that it is almost unrealistic what the models need to do to get that. Also with earth population compared to how many people working for magazines television etc is not realistic. So if people feel offended or they feel ugly. Then it's the pressure from society and there surroundings to blame.

My point is. That people in general think it's importend how they look like. But do not realize that there are lots of people feeling attracted to a individual just because who they are.

So about your question I can see why people losing confident. But I do think they should look in a mirror and start loveing them self.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it can have an impact, but that more parents should shape their children’s self image as they’re growing and monitoring their exposure rather than letting it go unchecked like many seem to