Favourite Dystopian/Apocalyptic/Post Apocalyptic movies/TV series?

I just finished watch all 4 Hunger Games movies the past couple days as I hadn't seen the last 2, now i'm in the mood for similar themed type movies/series, if you have any suggestions please let me know :)

Same goes for anime recommendations for similar themes, I watch a hell of a lot of anime too.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There's this Netflix movie that came out recently "what happened to Monday" absolutely amazing. Basically if the Chinese one child policy took over the world.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Movies: Stalker, Snowpiercer, The Zombie Diaries, Blade Runner, Matrix, The Road

TV: Walking Dead, Last Man On Earth

Anime: Patema Inverted, Animatrix

Bonus manga: Blame!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 6

• Have you seen the mid '70's movie "Logan's Run"? I would not compare it's style to "The Hunger Games", but it IS about a future society after an apocalypse. The first season of the television show "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" from the late '70's is also set in a futuristic domed city surrounded by a ruined post-apocalyptic dystopia, but it's more of a space/science fiction show.

0|0
    0|0
  • Snow piercer. Dystopian setting
    Some episodes of black Mirror are set in dystopia. ''Men Against Fire"episode as an example

0|0
    0|0
  • Mad Max: Fury Road was great
    Book of Eli was alright
    I didn't mind Divergent

0|0
    0|0
  • For western movies there are the Mad Max films, and Waterworld covering the humans killed the planet and now we're screwed.

Anime gives us Code Geass in dystopia, the world is ran by evil Britain with Mechs.

Recently Girl's Last Tour was very good. And for a similar but bleaker look there's Planetarian.

In gaming, just kinda assuming you game here... either Nier, or it's distant sequel Nier;Automata present the extinction of mankind as a chance for new lifeforms to flourish after we're gone. And surprisingly for games with one human character between them, they take a deep look into what it means to be human.

0|0
    0|0
  • The road

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes