Why are girl-ghosts scarier than boy-ghosts?

Ghosts, demons, zombies, whatever.

So many, many, MANY movies have featured creepy girl/women creatures.

Some examples off the top of my head (not including pictures because I live alone and I need to be able to sleep like a normal person)

1. Ghost lady from THE RING, THE RING 2, RINGS, RINGS FOREVER, RINGS ETERNAL
2. Demon lady from INSIDIOUS
3. Demon/witch lady from THE CONJURING
4. Witch ladies & witch babies from PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 1, 2, AND 57
5. Ghost lady from WOMAN IN BLACK 1 AND 2
6. Creepy doll lady/girl from ANNABELLE
7. Super creepy girl ghost from DARK WATER
8. Vengeful creepy girl teen ghost demon from SHUTTER
9. Creepy ghost woman in bathroom from THE SHINING
10. Creepy ghost lady throwing up or something from THE SIXTH SENSE

MEANWHILE, the only manboy ghost that comes to mind is this spine-chilling killa:

718

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it has something to do with the circumstances under which they became a ghost. Most male ghosts are ghosts as the result of something *they* did. Most female ghosts are the result of something someone did to them (murder, abuse). I suppose because they have had something done to them, people feel they have more of an axe to grind.

Plus, let's face it, women are generally the less violent of the genders. Whenever they become violent, it seems all the more shocking.

The ghost in the bathroom in the shining (the young version was played by Lia Beldam) to me wasn't particularly scary. In fact, Jack was much more scary to me in that scene because it bespoke of how little regard he had for his wife and child.

Lia Beldam looks pretty good, by the way. Here's a recent pic of her...

mediamikes.com/.../...1-e1364509688986-236x300.jpg

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If male ghosts were used, they’d be equally scary. The boy from “mama” is an example by the way.

I believe they use females more because it comes down to the nurturer connotation... they’re seen as less evil, so when portrayed as evil, there’s a twist in one’s mind and basically we’re in shock when we see a “supposedly” innocent creature being transformed into something monstrous.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE