What's the best psychological movie you've ever seen?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Fight Club. Although not strictly a psychological thriller, it was one of the most psychologically-affective movies that I've watched. It actually made me change my overall philosophy. Two other movies that had similar effects on me were The Green Mile and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

In terms of movies that are actually classified as psych thrillers, my favourites are The Silence of the Lambs, Seven, and The Butterfly Effect.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I watched all the movies you listed, except Seven (but I want to watch it) and I loved all of them. The Green Mile was so heartbreaking..

• It really was. :( But, it was brilliant nonetheless.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Memento

1|0
    0|0
  • You mean the best movie I have seen that is considered to be “psychological thriller” or the most mindfucking movie I have seen?

Watch Moon, if you haven’t seen it

1|1
    0|0
    • Both, I guess 😂 but really I want to know which is the most mindfucking one

• Dark city, City of lost children, 12 monkeys, Oldboy (original not the US remake), The Butterfly Effect, Donnie Darko, Hard Candy, Moon, The signal…

• "The Others."
    Psych horror. Didn't sleep for days after watching it.
    Plus it was my first introduction to post-mortem photography I mean Jesus Christ..

1|0
    0|0
  • Das Experiment is one of the best psychological films out there based on a real experiment.
    Lord Of The Flies deals with primitive psychological behaviors embedded into out nature and philosophy of Socratic Debate.
    Big Fish is a good one, It has some psychological value though I've failed to put my finger on.
    Dr. Caligari's Cabinet (1940's I believe.) deals with Somnambulism and dual personality disorder.

1|0
    0|0
  • Butterfly effect, pretty good if you think about goes to show you changing your past could alter your present and future.

1|1
    0|0
  • As far as psychological movies, probably David And Lisa. I even did a Take on it. Another one would be The Village. Just about the entire village was having a headgame played on them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Perfume, in the mouth of madness, dream house by Korean version

1|0
    0|0
  • Lake Mungo, Australian horror movie... So atmospheric too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Shutter island, one of my all time favorites.

2|0
    0|0
  • Oh I would love to see the answers. I will watch one of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • If Fight Club is psychological then that's it lol

1|2
    0|0
  • I loved The Prestige.

1|1
    0|0
  • Falling Down

1|0
    0|0
  • Seven and the Usual Suspects.

1|0
    0|0
  • As the Gods Will

1|0
    0|0
  • Batman

0|0
    0|0
  • Ex machina

0|0
    0|0
  • Shutter Island fucked with my head the first time I watched it

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I really like Primal Fear. Aside from that I'll say Pet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Memento

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes