Why do guys like such shitty music?

guys always like that rap crap, I don't get it. Do you fellas like rap? Or do you prefer other music?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I listen to metal. Apart from some nu-metal bands or genre blenders (i. e. Rage Against The Machine), metal and rap are often on the opposite sides of the spectrum. The only rap songs I’ve ever liked have really been from Rage Against The Machine. Frankly, in nu metal, whenever a singer goes into a rap section, it’s my least favorite part of the song.

So yeah— personally, I don’t like rap music. I find it to be really crappy sounding to me.

Still, I don’t think I can really generalize rap as objectively “shitty” music for the same reason I don’t like it when people generalize metal as “just a bunch of crappy screamy noise.” The songs of my music that I like may emphasize different parts of musicality to different extents. (I. e. the drum beats in metal are going to be usually mode technical than those in rap). I like syncopated rhythms, so I naturally gravitate towards prog metal more. I also like the sound of a distorted guitar.

Others may not care for complicated drums or distortion, so they aren’t attracted by it. We are sums of our experiences (with possibly some genetics thrown in) and our experiences differ. I believe me learning guitar/drums/bass really changed the way I look at music.

However, does it make sense to discredit someone’s opinion, since their experiences are different than ours? I’d argue in this case, no. Saying my experiences are better than whoevers without logic would just be self satisfaction and ego speaking.

The reason some guys like music way different than yours is due to their different life experiences (with a possible genetic influencer).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• Rap is OUTSTANDING! You obviously haven't listened to the good kind. I use to be judgmental and close minded when it came to rap. I fucking hated it with a passion when i was younger as a matter of fact. I like metal, bluegrass, indie, hardcore, dubstep music also

0|1
    0|0
  • I listen to rap soically/when I want to listen to something different. I am a religous metal head (and let me guess, that's trash for you too? Lol) and metal is where its at. It takes real talent and has real lyrics. But sometimes it's nice to get away from truthful lyrics and have something fun/not so serious music. You know what I mean?

Not like I am obssesed with rap. And just saying, listen to NF or Hopsin (lyrical geniuses) they are not your typical mumble sex money weed rappers

0|1
    0|0
  • Not All rap is bad, artists like Witt Lowry, NF, Abstract, Ivan B are great rappers! I tend to bump to EDM/ dance music, but I think most guys like that cruddy mumble rap because it hypes them up or something...

0|0
    0|0
  • Judging by your age, it's because they want to pretend they're cool.

Remember, though, rap has the potential to be good; it's just that the try-hard gangster/thug rap that's mainstream right now is really bad and giving the entire genre a bad rep.

0|0
    0|0
  • well it depends on what kind of rap like I listened to logic even before the everybody album. one reason why I like logic's music is that because his music is deep and his lyrics are not like typical rap. Another reason why I like his music is because he paints a picture through his words and not just random stuff like others may do. Another thing is that I could relate.

0|0
    0|0
  • My favorite genre are:
    -Epic Score, with Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, Hans Zimmer...
    -Retrowave, with Robert Parker, Lazerhawk, Mitch Murder, The Midnight, FM-84, Carpenter Brut...
    And Folk Medieval, with Erutan, Heather Dale...

No rap shit.

0|1
    0|0
  • The music I like is not in the rap genre, but since you think of the things I like, as a guy, as you do, I guess I won't bore you with what they are. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • What makes rap shitty? Personally my favorite genre is jazz and then pop/techno/house/funk etc. What's your favorite genre? What makes your genre better than another?

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer Rock, Jazz and J-pop. Just because someone else likes rap and you don't doesn't make it shit. They are quite good at their poetry, I just don't like it myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rap: crap. Pop: crap. EDM: crap. Dubstep: crap. County: twangy crap.

I prefer English/Celtic Folk, Classic Rock, and of course Heavy Metal.

0|0
    0|0
  • better than your garbage music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAoCLSoXCVw

0|0
    0|0
  • Rock and metal mostly but you put anything on and I'll listen to it if I like it. Most pop, rap and edm don't do it for me but I sometimes find stuff in there I like.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me as long as it sounds nice, i don't care what type of music it is

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Music is subjective
    2. Mumble rap is not subjective, it's just plain shit
    3. I love rock music. Not punk rock, not that. Just rock

0|0
    0|0
  • i like all music but rap isn't crap wats crap is trap

0|1
    0|0
  • I like lots of genres, what is important to me is meaningful lyrics.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rap is not crap... at least not all. Every genres has its beauty. I personally listen everything. Even classical. If sounds well then... it goes on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all rap is shallow and vapid music; u just gotta dig deeper.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dig deeper, as in find artists and groups that have more substance.

Unfortunately the shallow and vapid stuff, like little Pump's Gucci Gang, is the rap music that gets the most airplay, because nonblacks want to live out their "ghetto life" fantasies

• I do enjoy and hate some rap. I feel like you were exposed to the wrong sub-genre.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a Christian nerd, I hate secular rap and primarily listen to film and video game soundtracks.

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes