What do you do to get over a creative block?

Just a curiosity question if anything.

I really want to get back into art and I’m trying my hand at digital art but I just can’t seem to get ideas. Or make my ideas take form when I’m drawing.

Note: your answer doesn’t have to deal with drawing. Just some tips about what you do when you’re working around a creative block.

219

Most Helpful Guy

• I do write and have been for 4 years now. I can give you a funny tip that was of big help. I just jump it over with my persistance. However it's important to distinguish the different forms of art and way of execution. I mainly struggle with my form and not with general idea, it might be different in your case. Maybe you don't have such privilege as I do while writing?

• I think a large part of my block right now is because I’m trying to use a different medium. I should probably just try and push though it honestly.

• Just don't bring yourself on the edge. I've been there sadly.

• You might be right.

Most Helpful Girl

• I draw as well and get art block a loooot. I usually try to set the mood; watch art videos and stuff or browse art, put on some good music while you draw. I also go for the "force yourself" option 😂 Goodluck!