In a situation of peril (in a film or tv program), a man and Woman are in danger and only one can be saved. Who would you be more worried for?

***Violence in media is extremely prevalent today, as entertainment it's been apart of cultures for almost all of human existence in many ways. More and more, this violence has been directed towards Women. This pole is a part of a series of surveys about people's opinions on violence in media and whether rules about how violence is portrayed towards Women should be changed.
  • The Woman, and I hope She'll be saved. If so, why?
  • The man, and I hope he'll be saved. If so, why?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would I be worried for either of them? If they aren't an established character that I happen to like, both of them can die so far as I'm concerned. As far as violence towards women, have you read how much violence men have endured over the course of human history? For they sake of equality and especially considering these are fictional potrayals anyway, why shouldn't there be an increase of violence towards women?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well my focus is on how the representation of violence is portrayed towards "women". Not men. And yes, I am very aware of the the cruelty and injustices men face too. Thank you for your comments.

Most Helpful Girl

• In situations like this it depends how the character is build. It's more about the personality of the character than the gender. I usually wish for characters acting stupid (or deserving) to get what's coming for them.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE