In a situation of peril (in a film or tv program), a man and Woman are in danger and only one can be saved. Who would you be more worried for?

***Violence in media is extremely prevalent today, as entertainment it's been apart of cultures for almost all of human existence in many ways. More and more, this violence has been directed towards Women. This pole is a part of a series of surveys about people's opinions on violence in media and whether rules about how violence is portrayed towards Women should be changed.
  • The Woman, and I hope She'll be saved. If so, why?
    Vote A
  • The man, and I hope he'll be saved. If so, why?
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would I be worried for either of them? If they aren't an established character that I happen to like, both of them can die so far as I'm concerned. As far as violence towards women, have you read how much violence men have endured over the course of human history? For they sake of equality and especially considering these are fictional potrayals anyway, why shouldn't there be an increase of violence towards women?

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well my focus is on how the representation of violence is portrayed towards "women". Not men. And yes, I am very aware of the the cruelty and injustices men face too. Thank you for your comments.

Most Helpful Girl

• In situations like this it depends how the character is build. It's more about the personality of the character than the gender. I usually wish for characters acting stupid (or deserving) to get what's coming for them.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• So you keep asking question with that silly disclaimer. But I don’t think most people give a shit about violence in media... most sensible adults know the difference between acting and doing it in real life.

0|1
    0|0
    • Ha, I think it's safe to assume that not everyone who watches The Punisher will want to become a brutal vigilante lol. But there is a certain moralism that people look for in entertainment and I just want to get some perspective on that.

I am working on a research paper for school and I want to let people know that this is a part of a series of polls. I've been called a troll already..

• It's kinda how we are wired to think lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't answer the poll (not pole) because I don't have a preference.

There is soooooo much more violence against men than women in both media and reality that I find it interesting you seem more concerned here about changing rules about how violence is portrayed towards women, as opposed to men, or better yet, both.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• The person whose character I liked more throughout the film.
    If they very irrelevant for the plot I won't care for any of them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes