Which kinds of horror movies do you find most scary? WHY?

Supernatural ones are things that don't exist like ghosts, demons, magic, exorcism etc. Realistic ones are things that could have happen in real life and where the villain/murderer is a human being instead of a supernatural being. Explain Why please. #Horror #ScaryMovies #Movies
  • The supernatural ones (Why)
  • The realistic ones (Why)
  • Depends (Explain what & why)
    Vote C
  • Other (Explain what and why)
    Vote D

2022

Most Helpful Girl

• Because realistic ones are things that can happen to anyone, any time, and there are ways that the situation can be dealt with. The supernatural movies, should it be experienced for real, it's stupefying. You know what to do, because of the movies and culture and collected histories and fables and such, but are the tools really there at your expense? Such horrors that few people believe in in the real world, the population of people that can really help you is much smaller and not always readily available to you. It's creepy, the substance of nightmares, the twisted creatures. Absolutely dreadful.

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, it's not so much the topic (realistic or not), but rather how it is narrated and filmed. For example I don't like gory horror films, I find them rather stupid and boring. Instead, I love horror movies that are very suspenseful. I like the kind of horror movies that fuck with your mind and make you pee in your pants although you have barely seen one drop of blood. Those are also the type of horror movies I will later remember (and sometimes get nightmares from).
    Another important factor is of course how well they are acted. Perhaps more than for any other genre, it is essential for horror movies that they are well-acted. If they are not, they just come across as goofy. If they are, they can easily give you a sleepless night.
    And finally, I think the cinematographic techniques can also have an impact on how much I like the film. For example I remember the "Blair Witch Project" was the very first film that tried this idea of "found footage". Back then, it was a very new concept - and it was incredibly scary.

• What is making a horror movie very scary if there's almost no blood in them? Just asking. I've not watched a horror movie, so I can't tell.

• Or think about the following scene (which I have invented): you walk across a children's playground. You are completely alone, there are no other people and no children. The sky is grey. It's a little windy and cold but very, very quiet. The only sound you hear comes from the swings, which are gently swung around in the wind. Doesn't this sound scary? Now imagine that you exist the playground and you walk through the neighborhood. Here too, everything feels very quiet and calm... almost "too" calm. There is no traffic, no people on the streets. You look at one of the houses. For a short moment, you see somebody in the window - but then the person is gone, hidden behind the curtain.
      I'm sure you'd feel uncomfortable in this situation. I certainly would. But what is it that scars us? There's nothing actually happening here. Why do we feel threatened? Maybe because we instinctively feel that something isn't right about this... there is some kind of danger... we just can't see it.

• Thanks for reply. : )