Do (young) people still even listen to older music like Van Halen, SCORPIONS, and bands/artist like that?

I'm just curious. I kinda think I'm a bit weird cuz I basically listen to older songs most of the time ESPECIALLY when I'm alone. Im kinda embarrassed to play songs like this in public tho. Cuz people dont seem to listen to it anymore. But who cares right? I just heard all these when my dad listened to them. Teens don't seem to listen to it anymore. They just like hip hop and rap. Most of them. But I'm just hoping that someone there still likes older songs. Not the super old ones tho but like 80's-90's.

IF you like 80's-90's songs please tell me your favorites!! I want recommendations

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Music goes with the ages mostly, my parents liked 30's ,40's and 50's. and they would dance and sing and play instruments and have dance parties at the house. My dad even made some recordings on the radio. Now get this, he was even Dance President at his high school in Calif. For me it's 60's, 70's and 80's. Radio stations & CD's in house and cars and listen daily. Love the tunes and memories. Love music that tells stories. Hard rock and acid music just wasn't for me. Sorry no real recommendations, i love them all. Enjoy !!

1|0
    0|0
    • Sir did you happen to listen to Uranium Fever or Worry Worry? I liked those... also the Lollipop song and some Rocket 69 and some Elvis songs ☺️

• Out of the groups you mentioned only Elvis, to me he is truly the KING !!

Most Helpful Girl

• I do! I love older music, especially classic rock. Don't be embarrassed to play the music you like to listen to! You'd be surprised at people's music tastes and if they don't like your music, who cares?

1|0
    0|0
    • I knowwww! Its just hard like even tho i really like it i just dont listen to music when out in public just because of that. Afraid to be judged. But anyway I like classic rock too! Nice to know you like it too wow :D

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I listen to pretty much anything including a lot of older music.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hells yes, most of the people in my high school prefer this music. And we're all teens. Plus even if they don't like your music that doesn't mean you shouldn't get to enjoy it. Personally, I like Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, and Bon Jovi. Now, I've listened to these guys millions of times over, and eventually you get ready for something new. I really have to recommend listening to some Kaleo, Wolfmother, stuff like that. Then again that's not everyone's cup of tea.

1|0
    0|0
    • I will listen to it! Thank you! And by the way it feels surreal that most people in your high school prefer good music over bad hip hop and rap... anyways just sayingggg! Your school must be cool

• Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Sometimes it's like stepping into a time capsule. Like everything it's got it's ups and downs though.

• Not young people but I do.

Too young to fall in love - motley crue

Prisoner - dokken

Nobody's fool - Cinderella

Harder faster - w. a. s. p

Here comes trouble - trouble tribe.

All she wrote - firehouse

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, there are a few old school fans but, the majority doesn't.
    I like rock, hardcore/alternative/Christian rock, rap rock, Nightcore and, the high energetic stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm in my 40s and think it's cool. When I as a kid I listened to old school Sabbath, Zep, Doors, Purple, Iron Butterfly etc and even stuff like the Zombies, the Troggs, the Stooges, MC5 etc. I'm an 80s punk rock kid. We had different attitudes then. A punk could listen to 60s psychedelic rock and 70s heavy metal alongside Dead Kennedys or Minor Threat. We didn't give a fuck.

Do you and enjoy what you enjoy. I like electronic music and Asian pop nowadays. Who cares. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I like those too, but i also like older stuff. I'm going to see Judas Priest and Bon Jovi this year so far. I went to Foreigner, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Tears for Fears, Hall and Oates, Tom Petty and Peter Wolf, last year.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wowwww I really like Bon Jovi, Foreigner and Tears for Fears it's just so catchy! I have always heard of Black Sabbath but I don't know if I have heard their songs since I dont remember a lot of song titles but when I hear songs it usually sound familiar.

• Show All
    • I never heard that song before! Most of the time I realize that I only ever heard more American band songs from childhood and less from English bands except for Queen and The Animals. I didn't hear Pink Floyd and this Black Sabbath before.

• @TheBracketeer will listen to all these. Wow I got a lot to listen to now haha

• Yes, we do, I don't have the age that my profile says, and I love old music

1|0
    0|0
  • I was in a phase last year listening to 50's and 60'd music.. Now Sabaton has taken over..

1|0
    0|0
  • HELL YES i love Black Sabbath, guns n roses, jimi hendrix, def leppard, stevie ray vaughan, led zeppelin, acdc, dire straits, and creedence clearwater revival

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes older music is great, audioslave is great, the doors is good, soundgarden is good, the ramones are awesome

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks I'll listen to them

• I actually heard of The Doors and love listening to Riders of the Storm. I liked audio slave and soundgarden. I only listened to one song of the Ramones and they're cool too but I like sound garden, audioave and the doors more.

• Cool, yeah old music is great

• I thought old music was The Beatles... Fuck I'm old.

0|0
    0|0
    • I listened to a lot of rap (real rap) in the 80s and then Grunge in the 90s. Use the Internet, that's what it's there for.

• Show All
    • Thank you! 😊

• A few more: White Zombie, Sublime, Alice in Chains, Jane's Addiction

• I go older than that, I'm ALL about the 70s

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, my cousin ( 6) always sings Michael Jackson.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fewer and fewer. Usually the ones that study music

1|0
    0|0
  • Music is art you're just admiring your muse

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep I do

1|0
    0|0
    • Nice! any recommendations?

• Show All
    • I listened to one Barry white song before I liked it, and George Michael's too. Well we all know about Stevie Wonder 😁👍🏻. Thanks I'll listen to the others you mentioned to see if I have heard any of their songs somewhere.

• It'll be worth it

• YES!

1|0
    0|0
  • Totally. I grew up in the 80s and music was so good then. Loved 80s pop, rock, r&b. Loved 70s rock and r&b too. I’m old and can’t understand today’s music lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't understand today's music. It's mostly just computers making the music and less of the people making it...

What Girls Said 3

• uh yeah, plenty of young people. Me included since I typically listen to heavy metal and various subgenres of rock in the 60's-80's more so than 90's

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • On occasion, but lately I've been listening to 50s and 60s music a lot. I to through music phases, oldies, classic rock, alternative, cutest stuff, it goes in a cycle every month or two

1|0
    0|0
    • Omg I remember this guy who shared "Worry worry" and "uranium fever" to me. I got hooked on that. Haha

Recommended myTakes