Do (young) people still even listen to older music like Van Halen, SCORPIONS, and bands/artist like that?

I'm just curious. I kinda think I'm a bit weird cuz I basically listen to older songs most of the time ESPECIALLY when I'm alone. Im kinda embarrassed to play songs like this in public tho. Cuz people dont seem to listen to it anymore. But who cares right? I just heard all these when my dad listened to them. Teens don't seem to listen to it anymore. They just like hip hop and rap. Most of them. But I'm just hoping that someone there still likes older songs. Not the super old ones tho but like 80's-90's.

IF you like 80's-90's songs please tell me your favorites!! I want recommendations

419

Most Helpful Guy

• Music goes with the ages mostly, my parents liked 30's ,40's and 50's. and they would dance and sing and play instruments and have dance parties at the house. My dad even made some recordings on the radio. Now get this, he was even Dance President at his high school in Calif. For me it's 60's, 70's and 80's. Radio stations & CD's in house and cars and listen daily. Love the tunes and memories. Love music that tells stories. Hard rock and acid music just wasn't for me. Sorry no real recommendations, i love them all. Enjoy !!

• Sir did you happen to listen to Uranium Fever or Worry Worry? I liked those... also the Lollipop song and some Rocket 69 and some Elvis songs ☺️

• Out of the groups you mentioned only Elvis, to me he is truly the KING !!

Most Helpful Girl

• I do! I love older music, especially classic rock. Don't be embarrassed to play the music you like to listen to! You'd be surprised at people's music tastes and if they don't like your music, who cares?

• I knowwww! Its just hard like even tho i really like it i just dont listen to music when out in public just because of that. Afraid to be judged. But anyway I like classic rock too! Nice to know you like it too wow :D